or Connect

Posts by Dane

Quote: Originally Posted by MyTailorIsRich Here's what I have (all samples I got from Crystal Flagon). I put a note after the ones I've tried: Acqua di Giò pour Homme [as I said, OK, but not much to it] Bois du Portugal Penhaligon's English Fern [didn't like it; like baby talc except for the very end] Green Irish Tweed [liked it! I know this is v. popular] Millésime Impérial Creed Orange...
Quote: Originally Posted by MyTailorIsRich Acqua di Giò pour Homme today. I am new to scents and am trying to work through the popular/obvious ones. I find Acqua di Giò pleasant, but pretty bland as well. Not offensive but not very interesting either. Skip the obvious ones...or at least list what your options are and we can help narrow down the ones that aren't worth the effort. Having said that, some popular scents are popular for a reason...
Quote: Originally Posted by TintoTerra Getting a little tired of wearing all these heavy scents lately. Need something lighter as I'm tired of the sudden (percieved) 'sillage bloom' that accompanies my mid-day gym visits. That happened to me the other day...someone asked if I had just sprayed something on...like I bring a bottle with me to the treadmill.
K10 was one of those that smelled fantastic the first time...then gradually became less and less interesting. Still, it's a solid scent and I wouldn't give my bottle away. Wearing CDG2 today. Nice balance of aldehydes and chewing-on-tinfoil.
Quote: Originally Posted by PITAronin Just curious. Anyone here a fan of Creed Orange Spice? I was up in the Midwest recently and found it to be a nice little fragrange on cold blustery days. Agree with the comment above...Kouros+orange (same perfumer if you're curious). I happen to prefer OS to Kouros, but for the price difference, I'd take the latter.
Quote: Originally Posted by HgaleK Blue? By cool I mean a generally wearable (it's actually really heavy on the cedar), not fresh if that's what you mean. I knew what you meant. I stand by my original response.
Quote: Originally Posted by L'Incandescent Rose Poivree Une Rose (Frederic Malle) Sa Majeste La Rose Voleur de Roses Rossy de Palma Lipstick Rose if you're adventurous! Adding: -Comme des Garcons 2 (not the men's) -By Kilian Liaisons Dangereuses (the travel refills are more economical than the full bottles) -The Different Company Rose Poivree -Chanel No. 18 If you don't mind it a little girly, L'Artisan's Drole de Rose.
Quote: Originally Posted by HgaleK Was given a large number of Bond No. 9 Brooklyn samples recently. It's cool by itself, but mixes incredibly well well with Bleu de Chanel. The only issue is that Brooklyn is a touch pricey. Anyone know of a suitable replacement? Any generic blue juice should suffice.
I really like O&C! Wearing No. 22 today.
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Classter sorry, total brain-blank moment. I meant PROJECTION on Jubilation XXV, the longevity is excellent. Anyone have problems with Projection of this bad boy? Hmmm...hard to tell. I've never been a good judge on whether or not something projected. I think it's because I don't produce enough body-heat(?) I'd be fairly confident that it projects relatively well though...it's one that I continue to catch...