or Connect

Posts by matadorpoeta

Quote: Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser Five goals allowed out of six shots on goal is a pretty good indication. Italy probably squeaks by to the knockout round if a healthy Buffon is playing. this isn't baseball. your stats knowledge is worthless here, sorry. there is not a big difference between starter and back-up at national team level. and marchetti had a better club season than buffon did. this is why you should take...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 see ya
Quote: Originally Posted by Dashaansafin Wow, serious blow to the Italians. Just read about his injury. The second guy, Machietti or something isn't anywhere near as good. I think Buffon would have saved them their first goal. you just said you never heard of him so how can you say he is nowhere near as good?
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim By "diverse", do you mean "more mexicans"? Because aside from them, statistically speaking, L.A. is less diverse than Seattle. San Fran = 49.66% white (astoundingly low, actually, but you have a near 30% Asian population which is exceedingly high) Seattle = 68.9% white Los Angeles = 74.1% white i don't know about your numbers but there are parts of l.a. where one could live his life comfortably...
Quote: Originally Posted by Brian SD What? I think you missed his point. It's just at moments like this its obvious why soccer can be such an amazing, intense and enthralling game. But its easy to let the big moments slip between your fingers when you don't have some magnetic personalities and history that draws you in in the first place. I didn't read it as a criticism of the sport or of its fans, just that it's both a shame and completely...
Quote: Originally Posted by chronoaug The fuck are you talking about? If you're done being an illiterate dick, maybe you should read the post. Never once did i say i didn't like soccer. The thought was posed because of how much attention the US is getting and how social networking sites make it seem that people all over are super into the WC and people are wondering why soccer can't catch on here. The discussion actually has legs now unlike soccer snobs...
Quote: Originally Posted by chronoaug I think things other than WC don't catch on in the US is lack of star power and storylines. I think it's too much to ask for US sports fans to get really into club leagues in england, italy, spain and germany. I mean, people over there don't follow US sports that much. Even in spain where they have a lot of NBA players, they generally don't know much more than the players from spain and then a few of the top stars...
Quote: Originally Posted by embowafa Not really. Based on my understanding, they needed to score 2+ goal victory to even advance. Their strategy to accomplish that sucked. they would have lost by more than 1-0 if they had put men forward. the u.s. was clearly superior and they picked up on that early. so they chose to counter and they had their chances.
Quote: Originally Posted by LawrenceMD the commentator on Unavision has a hard-on whenever he says Bornstein's name... BORRRRRENNSTEEEEIIIN... bornstein is half mexican, like bocanegra, so the commentators say their names a little longer.
Quote: Originally Posted by embowafa Agreed. I was really confused by the players, coaches, and fans reactions after the game. Did they not realize they needed a multiple goal victory to advance?!? They played like they were defending a lead. they were playing for a counter and letting the u.s. exhaust themselves. it almost worked.