or Connect

Posts by matadorpoeta

Quote: Originally Posted by chronoaug I think things other than WC don't catch on in the US is lack of star power and storylines. I think it's too much to ask for US sports fans to get really into club leagues in england, italy, spain and germany. I mean, people over there don't follow US sports that much. Even in spain where they have a lot of NBA players, they generally don't know much more than the players from spain and then a few of the top stars...
Quote: Originally Posted by embowafa Not really. Based on my understanding, they needed to score 2+ goal victory to even advance. Their strategy to accomplish that sucked. they would have lost by more than 1-0 if they had put men forward. the u.s. was clearly superior and they picked up on that early. so they chose to counter and they had their chances.
Quote: Originally Posted by LawrenceMD the commentator on Unavision has a hard-on whenever he says Bornstein's name... BORRRRRENNSTEEEEIIIN... bornstein is half mexican, like bocanegra, so the commentators say their names a little longer.
Quote: Originally Posted by embowafa Agreed. I was really confused by the players, coaches, and fans reactions after the game. Did they not realize they needed a multiple goal victory to advance?!? They played like they were defending a lead. they were playing for a counter and letting the u.s. exhaust themselves. it almost worked.
you will not see or here me say this for another for years: u.s.a! u.s.a! u.s.a!
Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI Argentina - Greece Quote: Originally Posted by celery I'd say Argentina v Greece as well, but if you are watching online on espn3, you can watch both at the same time. ??? argentina has nothing to play for. nigeria v. korea is going to be a dog fight!
if you're willing to spend $15 look at a 928.
Quote: Originally Posted by embowafa I take it I'm the only person here rooting for Mexico. aguirre is retarded. he takes off our best player (guardado) at half time and leaves franco in the entire match despite the fact he played like he was drunk or severely hungover. today's game was garbage and i felt like our coach was working for south africa. we can't beat argentina when our own coach is the worst enemy.
Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger Humph, Americans may be brainwashed, but it could be worse, we could be a nation run by drug lords. or even worse, a nation of drug addicts.