or Connect

Posts by matadorpoeta

Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim T What it sounded to me like she "meant" was that Seattle is a city largely void of anything but white people who think its weird when someone has a phone conversation in Spanish. Which I contest. If you think Seattle is lacking in "diversity" maybe you are just hanging out in the wrong places. There are entire districts in the Seattle metro area where 60+ percent of the residents are Hispanic, Somali,...
Quote: Originally Posted by cheessus seriously who greenlighted this abortion? no wonder why the world hates us. http://abc.go.com/shows/downfall why do so many american commercials have that obnoxious "monster truck rally" voice over? and no one in this thread has mentioned how obnoxious that voice is. you guys really don't notice?
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim I am probably the only person on earth who picked Japan to advance. I am very happy if this holds up. i would have picked them had someone asked me. i'm an advocate for all the non-euro teams.
Quote: Originally Posted by LawrenceMD i don't actually hate him... its just that its sad to think about his decisions (pertaining to national team status) and how it panned out... kinda like freddy adu freddy adu's biggest mistake was not signing for inter milan when he was 12 or 13? if he had gone there he would have come back to reality and been just one of many prodigies instead staying in the u.s. and having people tell him he was a god.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser Five goals allowed out of six shots on goal is a pretty good indication. Italy probably squeaks by to the knockout round if a healthy Buffon is playing. this isn't baseball. your stats knowledge is worthless here, sorry. there is not a big difference between starter and back-up at national team level. and marchetti had a better club season than buffon did. this is why you should take...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 see ya
Quote: Originally Posted by Dashaansafin Wow, serious blow to the Italians. Just read about his injury. The second guy, Machietti or something isn't anywhere near as good. I think Buffon would have saved them their first goal. you just said you never heard of him so how can you say he is nowhere near as good?
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim By "diverse", do you mean "more mexicans"? Because aside from them, statistically speaking, L.A. is less diverse than Seattle. San Fran = 49.66% white (astoundingly low, actually, but you have a near 30% Asian population which is exceedingly high) Seattle = 68.9% white Los Angeles = 74.1% white i don't know about your numbers but there are parts of l.a. where one could live his life comfortably...
Quote: Originally Posted by Brian SD What? I think you missed his point. It's just at moments like this its obvious why soccer can be such an amazing, intense and enthralling game. But its easy to let the big moments slip between your fingers when you don't have some magnetic personalities and history that draws you in in the first place. I didn't read it as a criticism of the sport or of its fans, just that it's both a shame and completely...
Quote: Originally Posted by chronoaug The fuck are you talking about? If you're done being an illiterate dick, maybe you should read the post. Never once did i say i didn't like soccer. The thought was posed because of how much attention the US is getting and how social networking sites make it seem that people all over are super into the WC and people are wondering why soccer can't catch on here. The discussion actually has legs now unlike soccer snobs...