or Connect

Posts by matadorpoeta

Get to know Montana Avenue between Lincoln BLvd and about 17th Street. Best places to eat here are Father's Office (gastro pub, famous for burgers) and Blue Plate (breakfast). On Main Street, Circle Bar is probably the best bar in town. At least it's the only one I like. The King's Head is a decent English Pub by the Promenade. For a regular barber Tel's on Pico and about 24th Street is the place to go. (Ask for Randy.) If you prefer an expensive salon I'd go...
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing I see nothing wrong with being a narcissistic self-loather. agreed.
rooting for japan here. their uniforms should have their names in japanese characters.
Quote: Originally Posted by calisanfran Blanco runs around like a geriatric on the pitch these days. I was a big fan of his, but he really should not be playing currently. he wouldn't be bad as late substitute--say with 10 minutes left. he can still pass as well as anyone in the world but he's overweight and smokes. starting him in the last match shows how stupid our coach is.
Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI Say what now? That ref was absolute rubbish and was handing out cards for fun - especially Ponch's (Estrada) second yellow. I would've liked to see the whole game 11 vs 11. he deserved the second yellow. he tripped the spaniard on purpose who was running on goal. that's a yellow. and there was another call where the chilean kicked torres which should have been a direct red, but he only received a yellow....
Quote: Originally Posted by embowafa I just hope the result goes the other way this year i'm more afraid of our own coach than i am of messi. if our retarded coach starts franco and blanco, with marquez in midfield, we are doomed before the match even starts. if we have guardado, chicharo, and barrera on from the start, i like our chances. argentina has good players but we have a good team.
very disappointed by chile, who really beat themselves, and they even had the ref on their side. they could have had 3 red cards but were only given 1. i will root for germany over england because i've never met an englishman i liked, and i'm fond of german design and architecture. sieg heil! mexico v. argentina was voted as the best match of the 2006 world cup, and this one will be just as intense, if not more so. of course i'm rooting for the u.s. over ghana...
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas can chile advance with a loss today? as long as the swiss don't win by a ton. yes.
trying to watch the matches online but the connection keeps getting lost. praying for a chile draw and a swiss victory to knockout spain. let me know what happens.
Quote: Originally Posted by calisanfran WTF dumbest play of the tourney so far. and they were doing well.