or Connect

Posts by matadorpoeta

Quote: Originally Posted by mharwitt Something started bugging me today. Who the hell is "Santa Monica," the patron saint of lowriders? In a way, yes. Saint Monica was the mother of Saint Augustine, who was a degenerate dirtbag before he saw the light and became a saint. So because poor Monica had to put up with having a 'bad son', she became the patron saint of dirtbags and lowlives, many of whom drive lowriders. Why the question?
I've been to the Louvre and found it impressive mostly in a "That was a slide in my Art History class and now I'm standing in front of it!" sort of way. I recommend the Japanese pavilion at LACMA and the Museum of Jurassic Technology (Culver City). Oh, and the Museum of Death in Hollywood.
Haven't read this thread but just want to chime in that I support FIFA's choices, although I'm sure they made them for sleazy reasons, not the right ones. The US and England have both hosted the tournament in the past and the US hosted it fairly recently so giving it to someone else should have been seen as a no-brainer.
Thanks guys. Ideally I'd like to find something comparable in terms of what's inside as well. I'm looking at doing a a commercial building, like a resort spa/hotel type of place. (I'm talking full on marble everywhere, the finest fixtures, like a palace.) So I'd like to find something ultra luxurious, that was built recently, find out what it cost to build per square foot, and then translate that to the size of what I want to build. Is that doable?...
Are there any books or websites that can help me determine what something would cost to build so I don't have to get an estimate from an architect? I don't know anything about construction and wouldn't know how to use any software that an architect or builder would use. Someone told me to just find something comparable and then find out how much it cost to build. Not only can I not find anything comparable (so far) but I wouldn't know how to find out what it cost to...
Quote: Originally Posted by West24 this is completel bs. i dont know where you watch your boxing. yes it goes by points, but there is nothing wrong with trying to knock your opponent out. this is horrible advice and will get someone knocked out. Either you don't know the rules of amateur boxing or you misunderstood my post. It is not against the rules to knock the other guy out or to hurt him, but it can't be your only strategy. You're...
globe, I didn't read the whole thread but it looks like you're talking about amateur boxing and I don't know if they're very strict about the rules where you are, but in amateur boxing it's against the rules to try and hurt the other guy. It's actually against the rules to try and knock the other guy out. You're supposed to be trying to score points by landing shots and each shot is a point whether you hit him hard or hit him soft. You can actually be disqualified if the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas There are lots of gay bars in Santa Monica I can only think of one gay bar in Santa Monica. It's off PCH and it has a nautical theme. There are a ton of gay bars on Santa Monica Blvd in West Hollywood, but not in Santa Monica.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo Click on the Apple icon in finder Click on About This Mac When that window pops up, click on the version #. I mean click the actual text. It will change to your Build # and then Serial #. Google either one of those or look them up on the Apple support site to be sure. Thanks. I did that and found it's a 21.5" model. Strange -- because it doesn't measure 21.5" in any direction.
I need help determining the size of my imac monitor. When I bought it I believe the only sizes available were 21" and 24". I measured my screen at 22.5" diagonally and roughly 19.75" across. This is only the part of the screen that's actually useable. Anyone know which model those numbers correlate to? Is there a serial number somewhere that I can use to look up which model it is? The computer is a little over a year old. It was the first imac with the aluminum casing....