or Connect

Posts by Buddy0329

Good to know about the toe box!! What I didn't like about the 744 was the single sole on such a chunky looking boot; although at least it is an oiled sole which is better for rain.As to the Alden, I almost wonder if it has too much overlap with my Daltons which both have the same double oak sole and thus not ideal for foul weather.I do have a pair of Alden Indy 404's in Kudu with the full lug sole, but they are almost too extreme save for but the worst of conditions....
Looking for some purchasing advice still as I am torn over which boot to purchase or whether either really has a role in my rotation.How do you gents feel about the versatility of each of these boots and when and how how would you wear these options.Any concerns over the Wolverine being unlined shell? I thought I remember reading that AE will no longer manufacture unlined Shell cordovan shoes/boots.
I never made the critique your asserting. Did I state that I was a fan of my Dalton's? Yes.I did state I was interested in Unionmade's Kirkwood cap toe make-up but it was unavailable in my size.
Double post deleted
Never said AE were the be all end all, but clearly I have more experience with AE than I do Alden, so when I throw out examples of what I have and what I like it's to tie conetext to my post since I clearly was looking for purchasing advise for another boot. If you think AE doesn't compare to Alden, good for you, but it was an unnecessary and inflammatory post that didn't add to the discusssion . If you're annoyed that I stated that I owned and liked a AE Dalton's...
Only Indy boots. My two local Alden dealers will order cordovans but don't keep have much stock in their regular inventory.
Mdubs, if it's no too much trouble that would be great. I'm open to considering different styles. Frankly, I've been limited in terms of finding an appealing Alden makeup that is available in my size.Absent finding anything particularly appealing in stock somewhere I may just go through my original plans of ordering the Wolverine 744's for casual wear and then adding to that over time by looking out for preorder opportunities for new makeups since I think I have a...
Indeed they do have a thread. I mention them as a point of reference. Disparaging and dismissing them is shortsighted / ignorant and indicative of snobbish preconceptions. I've worn some Alden balmorals and in my opinion they are inferior to offerings from Allen Edmonds. Does Alden have a superior selection of bluchers yes? But since most of my dress shoes are balmorals that probably explains why I gravitated to AE instead of Alden. I have boots from both brands,...
I love AE's Dalton. I have two pairs, on in the aforementioned burgundy shell cordovan and another in bourbon calf. Wonderful boots. I would purchase another pair, but would prefer a cap toe instead of another pair of Wingtips in cordovan. Maybe the Wolverines should be my target.Down the line I wouldn't rule out purchasing another pair of Daltons, maybe in chocolate calf the next time they go on sale.
How does the Jcrew x alden cordovan captoe on Barrie last stack up relatively speaking? My (suspected) size is not available new, but I came across a pair whose owner never wore them...zero sole wear. Some early creasing in the uppers from probably carpet wear. I already have AE Daltons in burgundy shell so I was considering Wolverine 744 LTD's in brown shell for a more casual alternative. Are there any other Alden makeups out there right now I should be looking at (#8...