or Connect

Posts by Buddy0329

"however, a somewhat ugly crease has started to develop on the toe cap of the left shoe."Maybe it was there on day 1 maybe it was not. Th crease on my Players ( I had walnut calf, black calf, and suede) took time to develop; until they did I had posted that they were the most comfortable pairs of AE's I own. If indeed your feet are literally a full size different one from another my explanation actually starts making even more sense!
To have a crease like that so far up on the toe (on both shoes no less!) means one thing,,,,you've been buying shoes too long in length in order to compensate for a need in wider width.Before I started buying my shoes from AE I used to get them at Nordstrom; the sleazy sales guys there only sold D widths and would put me in an 11.5D instead of 10EEE. Over time my 5-last shoes would fit rather sloppily and would only wear with really thick socks. Clifton's would develop...
Anyone have pics if some well worn CXL tankers on Barrie? Curious how it ages.
I own Daltons in burgundy shell and bourbon calf. I also own #8 shell Alden wingtip boots on Barrie last with commando soles. The AE Daltons are still my favorite and look much more sleek and elegant than the Aldens. The Alden's are great in their own right look more formal; I think the critique from the a Alden boys is misplaced and superficial.
I ended up letting my Epaulet Innsbruck Indy boots sail on the 'bay. I was hoping to make them work, but I think I realize I should have ordered an E-width instead .
Not sure what I should do. I ordered Epaulet Innsbruck Indy's in 10D because my Kudu 404 Indy's in 10E have always felt a bit clunky and wide. I wore the Innsbrucks today for the first time today and my wider left foot is in pain. The right boot is a perfect fit. My left pinky and forefoot though feel bruised and beaten up. I know CXL will stretch, but I wonder if this is a sign that I should sell or persevere. Gorgeous boots overall. On the other hand, I'd hate...
Hmmm. An otherwise stock brown shell Bayfield on a commando sole may get some interest.
What last are the Bayfields on?To Cold Iron - What are your thoughts on construction and durability of your shell Bayfields vs. Wolverine 744LTDs?
1. I was never in; always on the fence.2. Indy linings have me concerned about fit3. Indy sole4. Can't really say I'm a fan of the wheeling. Was not impressed with it on shell Jeffersons. Those shoes were a mess though in multiple areas and had to be returned.