or Connect

Posts by a tailor

`````If we are talking "only" about the action of fitting a garment, then `letting out is right. If we are talking "only" about the fabric, its a different story. Cotton or synthetic fabrics are more likely to have the mentioned problems. Wools are less likely to have those problems. Except for very hard finished wools like gaberdines. Other conditions add to the question.here are some. To get an un breakable seat seam, too heavy a thread with too large needle was...
told you so.
Do you have a trouser with one leg that kicks out to the side? Or one crease line up straight and one swing to the side? The offending leg is probably longer than the other. All that is caused by a high hip on one side. Its all caused by a tilted pelvis. The pelvis is one solid rough rectangle. It has a pivot point at the center of the top. When one side goes up and out the other side goes down and in. So your trouser hangs unbalanced So what can we do for this? On a...
ON THE FULL DRESS {commonly called tail coat}, THE TAILS ARE SPLIT DOWN THE MIDDLE. NUFF SAID?
hi thearkly The duffel coat should be an easy fit, but not baggy. It should be fitted over a suit coat or a heavy sweater. Tell your tailor you want the sides straight, not shaped at the waist.
Try to get a refund.
I had the same problem.There is a sharp edge back there. All you have to do is work it yourself.Hook your thumb over the edge of the back and bend it backwards betweenyour thumb and crook of the first finger. Keep working the area for a whiledo this every day . after a while the curve will stay there.
B][/B] I think despos is right. Can you send it back?
yes TP, its just what you describe,.If you can go back to other posts like this and photos are there you willsee the problem in a more pronounced state.Please have pity on me, cause i am a very old man just barely able toget in and out of the net. put an arrow in a pic? no way to do!
yes betel thats the one. See in the picture the hump seems to have a twist to it. The success depends on there being a half inch or more of cloth underneath the collar at the neck. good luck Alex