or Connect

Posts by a tailor

Hi 1up Yea thats one of the drawbacks of the very narrow trouser bottoms. The other is that the smaller the bottom ,the larger it makes your feet look. Alex
Hi FC Might I suggest you go to Stylefourms search function. Ask for "tailors tutorials" there is a fount of information there. Its about tailoring and alterations.
NAMRAM GO downtown to a large department store. find the information desk. ask for the department that carries large sizes. try a size 50r to start with. you may have to go larger. ask the tailors advice as to what size to buy. Dont trust the sales man.
Go to the search function, ask for and then click on "tailors technical tutorials" scroll down to "balance explained". There are the answers to a lot of questions in these tutorials.
All the garments show a low left shoulder. All need the back to be shortened from the top except the oxxford. Was it altered?
Sorry Gimp, but you have the wrong answer!42 is the answer to, what is the purpose of life the, universe and everything.
This is a vintage skin, its very dry. The more holes you poke in it the worse it gets.Use the fewest stitches, just enough to draw the hole closed. Then cover the area well with a cloth patch, the patch should be coated with glueThe patch should cover at least an inch beyond the hole on all of its sides.Sobo or Barge are good glues for leather.
ALL THE MANUFACTURES SET THE TWO HOLES TO ACCEPT ONE TYPE OF HINGE, THERE MAY BE SLIGHT DIFFERENCES. JUST BUY ONE PAIR THATS ALL YOU NEED. CONTACT A DEALER THAT CARRIES PFAFF AND ASK THEM FOR HELP. AND SEND THAT PICTURE ALSO.
Have you found the holes on the edge of the machines platform edge. there are hinges made for that purpose. and they dont cost much. Have you used stylefourms search? ask for "tailors technical tutorials". There is lots of info there on tailoring alterations.
Hi Fire flyWhat ever made you start sewing? Your new machine looks much like mine. Pictured in my avatar, But its much older than yours, built them to last back then.the mounting of industrial machines from the front of the table to the front of the machine platform is usually about 3 1/2 '. leave at least 6 ' space from the right edge.You need that for holding things handy that you need, thread clipper, bobbins, pins, coffee etc. The space to the left is to hold the bulk...