or Connect

Posts by a tailor

Sorry Gimp, but you have the wrong answer!42 is the answer to, what is the purpose of life the, universe and everything.
This is a vintage skin, its very dry. The more holes you poke in it the worse it gets.Use the fewest stitches, just enough to draw the hole closed. Then cover the area well with a cloth patch, the patch should be coated with glueThe patch should cover at least an inch beyond the hole on all of its sides.Sobo or Barge are good glues for leather.
ALL THE MANUFACTURES SET THE TWO HOLES TO ACCEPT ONE TYPE OF HINGE, THERE MAY BE SLIGHT DIFFERENCES. JUST BUY ONE PAIR THATS ALL YOU NEED. CONTACT A DEALER THAT CARRIES PFAFF AND ASK THEM FOR HELP. AND SEND THAT PICTURE ALSO.
Have you found the holes on the edge of the machines platform edge. there are hinges made for that purpose. and they dont cost much. Have you used stylefourms search? ask for "tailors technical tutorials". There is lots of info there on tailoring alterations.
Hi Fire flyWhat ever made you start sewing? Your new machine looks much like mine. Pictured in my avatar, But its much older than yours, built them to last back then.the mounting of industrial machines from the front of the table to the front of the machine platform is usually about 3 1/2 '. leave at least 6 ' space from the right edge.You need that for holding things handy that you need, thread clipper, bobbins, pins, coffee etc. The space to the left is to hold the bulk...
Sorry if I phrased this badly. But taking in the center back seam only, would be the cheapest.The more complicated job would take a great deal more time and cost much more.But then the waist could taken in far more than 1 1/2" and not change the appearance of the back pockets.
If the shirt measures less than 18 ,dont waist time trying it on!
YES!
Hi CWGo to a fabric store and buy a tape measure. About 2 or 3 bucks.Measure the shirts before you try them on, it saves time.