or Connect

Posts by David Reeves

Thanks. First fitting for this suit, but its his 3rd garment from me. All I have to do here is shorten the right sleeve 1/4 and hem the pants. I will adapt the pattern slightly and hopefully next time he can walk out with a completely finished suit.
I like to think I do my best for all my clients. MTM obviously has limitations when compared with making a pattern like we do in bespoke. I tried to explain this before we started but the budget would not stretch that far.I no longer do MTM at all.Its always going to be a compromise, do I think it's a bad MTM? Made in England, Multiple fittings and Barberis cloth for 1500? I'll leave that for you to decide but it can never fit like well done Bespoke.Of course nothing...
Good fitting today, cheered me up. Loro Piana, silk and linen, unlined 6.5 oz.
I put it on today, it was creased ever so slightly, mind you it is 50% linen!
The gout diet.
I think shorter, but it looks more masculine somehow.You could probably go 3/4" lower on the button stance if you wanted to, the trouser waist is at my belly button but the button placement on the coat isn't.I have to say though I am not a fan of the button stance at the natural waist for most men, Sean Connery could do it but you have to have that kind of physique. I am 6.1 and a size 40 these days but I find I look very drippy in suits with a low button stance. The...
My head isn't really this big btw......
Had a go at a "Neapolitan" shoulder for this one. I quite like how this came out overall, its a bit like Sean Connery's early bond suits that were made in England to look Italian. By modern standards the coat is a bit too long, the trouser rise too high and the fronts are not cut away but square. Cloth is about 6 0z 50% silk 50% linen. Coat and trousers are unlined......feels as comfortable as PJ's.
Had a go at a "Neapolitan" shoulder for this one. I quite like how this came out overall, its a bit like Sean Connery's early bond suits that were made in England to look Italian. By modern standards the coat is a bit too long, the trouser rise too high and the fronts are not cut away but square.