or Connect

Posts by Vito

Madison. Yes indeed, Oscar Madison. This dude was a real Renaissance man: Not only did he write the Constitution and some of the Federalist Papers, he also was a helluva sportswriter. Quite a colorful personality, too -- almost like a Neil Simon character.
This happened back in the 1990s, while I was jogging through my neighborhood park in the early evening: A young Latino man dressed in a mariachi band costume (sombrero included) was running towards me. He was a little guy, maybe 4'10" or 4'11", with dark Mexican Indian features. As he approached, I noticed that he smelled like liquor. As he got closer I noticed that the front of his pants was open, his dick was hanging out, and he was urinating. The pee was kind of...
I don't mind going to a movie theater alone, every once in a while. But I would feel a little uncomfortable having dinner alone in a decent restaurant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Packing and jamming to this. Conne -- I made a post about this album a few months ago, and I'm glad to see that someone picked up my recommendation. Amazing stuff. There's actually a sequel to this album, titled "More Blues and the Abstract Truth". I've never listened to it but I'll probably buy it within the next few months. It has a completely different lineup, featuring Phil Woods on alto sax. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Joseph K. Bank Did anyone else make English Muffin pizzas? I am not English but these were popular in my house growing up. Yes. In my house, it was English Muffins topped with my mom's homemade (leftover) spaghetti sauce, cheese, and spices, and baked in the oven. Great stuff, brings back good memories.
Quote: Originally Posted by grundletaint 1974 gibson L6s I haven't seen an L6s since I was a kid. Carlos Santana and Al DiMeola played and endorsed them, but they never really caught on.
Quote: Originally Posted by FLMountainMan Well, the cool thing about music is that it's partially subjective. I would rank probably six or seven Bruce albums ahead of it, but to each his own. I actually rank a few of Bruce's albums (BTR, Darkness, and the River) ahead of WIESS, but it's still pretty amazing -- especially Side Two -- Incident, Rosalita, and NYC Serenade.
Quote: Originally Posted by willpower If you ever get to hear the 1974-03-09 Houston Lost Radio Show, it's very good - An in studio acoustic appearance of a pre-famous (at least in the south) Bruce with a few members of the band. Several nice reworkings of some of his songs from that era. He also laments at length about how the audiences in certain cities don't get the music. That's a great bootleg, especially Bruce's version of "Something...