or Connect

Posts by Vito

If I walked by a big mirror and noticed that I had a huge belly hanging over my belt and plumber's butt in the back, I would definitely blow my brains out.
When I was a kid, I often went to the local bowling alley to play the pinball machines and video games. Every Saturday, the day of bowling league competition, a middle-aged couple would bring their pet chimp to the bowling alley for an hour or two. It was a well-behaved male chimp, and he would usually be dressed up: Sometimes a little oxford shirt, sometimes a bow tie, other times a hat or suspenders. After seeing the chimp a few times, I concluded that he was...
American Empire by Andrew Bacevich. Pretty good.
Madison. Yes indeed, Oscar Madison. This dude was a real Renaissance man: Not only did he write the Constitution and some of the Federalist Papers, he also was a helluva sportswriter. Quite a colorful personality, too -- almost like a Neil Simon character.
This happened back in the 1990s, while I was jogging through my neighborhood park in the early evening: A young Latino man dressed in a mariachi band costume (sombrero included) was running towards me. He was a little guy, maybe 4'10" or 4'11", with dark Mexican Indian features. As he approached, I noticed that he smelled like liquor. As he got closer I noticed that the front of his pants was open, his dick was hanging out, and he was urinating. The pee was kind of...
I don't mind going to a movie theater alone, every once in a while. But I would feel a little uncomfortable having dinner alone in a decent restaurant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Packing and jamming to this. Conne -- I made a post about this album a few months ago, and I'm glad to see that someone picked up my recommendation. Amazing stuff. There's actually a sequel to this album, titled "More Blues and the Abstract Truth". I've never listened to it but I'll probably buy it within the next few months. It has a completely different lineup, featuring Phil Woods on alto sax. ...