or Connect

Posts by Vito

Quote: Originally Posted by sho'nuff yes Rudy is such a powerhouse of an emotional film. you struggle with him throughout the whole movie through all his trials and such and he finally lives his dream. first time i saw this i literally was like jerking back my tears while shaking my fist, saying, "yes...yes...he did it ...he's the one..." at the ending scene, just like his brother was doing in the bleachers. wow what a movie. I agree. The...
"Rudy"
In one hour I'll usually drink two beers. If it's light beer, I'll put away three.
I'm really even-tempered and relaxed, so I'm not a fidgeter. My sister's husband constantly fidgets, and one of my brothers is almost as bad. I always feel uneasy around people who fidget -- it's like they're giving off electrical energy that my body can't deal with.
If I walked by a big mirror and noticed that I had a huge belly hanging over my belt and plumber's butt in the back, I would definitely blow my brains out.
When I was a kid, I often went to the local bowling alley to play the pinball machines and video games. Every Saturday, the day of bowling league competition, a middle-aged couple would bring their pet chimp to the bowling alley for an hour or two. It was a well-behaved male chimp, and he would usually be dressed up: Sometimes a little oxford shirt, sometimes a bow tie, other times a hat or suspenders. After seeing the chimp a few times, I concluded that he was...
American Empire by Andrew Bacevich. Pretty good.