or Connect

Posts by rob

I've held to solids on the the bespoke items so far and will add some patterns once I feel like I've got a good base to work with.I do like the idea of having a stroller at some point. Are you going to wear the stroller during the work week or just for weddings, Easter and such?RobRob
Better yet. Have one made.Rob
I find the mid-weights pretty versatile. I only have a short walk from house to garage and parking lot to office. Once there, it's comfortable. I might lean to adding some summer weight/fabrics since the muggy midwest summers are the thing I dread most. If I after time, I have 20 suite, perhaps half mid-weight, and the rest split between winter and summer weights. Thanks.
I have been dumping my RTW and converting to bespoke over the past year or so , so the ten suit wardrobe has been on my mind. But rather than just a top ten, I plan on buying an average of 4 bespoke items per year for the next ten years or so (and I'm ahead of schedule). That's 40 items. Seems like a lot but it adds up quickly. Obviously, it won't all be suits but hopefully a well thought out, full service wardrobe that works in any situation that comes up. So, I...
From all that I've read here, it seems the experience is much different with Joe vs. the tailor I met with. Im happy with the change I've made.
After buying twenty or so shirts from My Tailor, I've moved on. Joe doesn't travel to Milwaukee so I used another traveling tailor that works with them. I just didn't like the fused collars and the fact that they don't account for my dropped right shoulder and other, more subtle changes. Moved on to another maker who can address those concerns. Rob
I would have to agree. Only thing I've seen that is more contrived is the Spoo whale.Rob
I think it's great in name.
I haven't reviewed all of the posts, so this may re-hash others who have stated it better but here it goes anyway: 1. Don't just buy things, build a wardrobe. Find our what you want or need for work, weekends evenings. Ask yourself, where are you going and are you dressed appropriately. Off to Piti? stock up on your double-monk straps, scarves and floppy hats. Going to argue in the Supreme Court? Load up on formal day dress. First day at Big Law? See the first 10...
I wouldn't go to my tailor if it was just a business transaction. I would hope that given all the time we spend on clothing, it would be more than a mere exchange of money for goods. Rob