or Connect

Posts by rob

Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria How much do we owe you for writing that sentence? That was 0.5 hour(s), right? - B Well, if no one is auditing the billing, I would have to say yes. As an immigrant, I have to say this is wonderful country. And, Canada, if you have to ask. Rob
I'm a lawyer; everything's been handed to me on a platter. It's a good feeling.
Not even close to short. I assume the rest of your wardrobe may be placed on b&s.
NYR, This topic seems to have hit a soft spot with you. But being a "man" yet alone a real one, has nothing to do with what said man does for a living, right? This isn't news to you, is it? Rob
Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger Fair enough...I can see that. Rob, its dangerous to stereotype man. Earlier in the thread I mentioned two people I knew (a garbage man and a truck driver) whose style is exceptional...they laughed when I suggested they enter themselves. There's also a good portion of lawyers who would do the same, well, not refuse my refuse, but sabotage my case... I'm going out for dinner with a cop...
Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger Rethinking this...just because someone is a truck driver or garbage man, doesn't mean their wardrobe and style isn't extraordinary. I mean, by Matt's own definition, isn't his wardrobe supposed to be "non-aspirational, average, and representational", something that won't really stand out, doesn't take much thought to put together, and as an argument against my point, in the long run, cost SIGNIFICANTLY less? Yet...
I just watched the video feed. Foo was the only one I would like to dress like. And it turns out we have the same head size, although mine is on a 6'3" frame. Good work, Foo. Rob
For what its worth, we never lose. Never.[/QUOTE Good, you are 3% better than the average federal prosecutor. And an asshole. I love government employees with attitude.
You remind me of my mantra when I started my own firm. No matter how long I work, I will never work for another lawyer again. Stick your suit up your ass.
I've practiced for 23 years and what can be worn has changed dramatically. Being a good SF dude, albeit an older SF dude, I started wearing suits after years of every day as casual Friday. I have received much more reaction for wearing suits than bad khakis. Now I started out in largish law, at least for Milwaukee, got wise, and now have run my own firm for the last 16 years. At my first firm, the saying was that you could always tell when a partner was on vacation...