or Connect

Posts by rob

Populist equals pandering. Kinda like clinging to guns and religion. Rob
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Here's his dear-colleague letter about it: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document...oc_id=23038767 What does everyone think? Personally, I find the proliferation of the use of filibusters unnerving. I don't feel it should be negated. I'm not sure what you mean by "negated." It doesn't seem to follow from your prior sentence. Rob
Try as I might, I just can't take anything you say to heart with that avatar. I just end up giggling. Rob
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel Well, my reading skills were a lot better 10 years ago, too. Rob
I liked the comment by one of the writers on the special last night that the message boards were much more funny and edgy 10 years ago and as a consequence he no longer reads them. rob
Quote: Originally Posted by indesertum I'm going to quote you Luke 15:1-7 "1Now the tax collectors and "sinners" were all gathering around to hear him. 2But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them." 3Then Jesus told them this parable: 4"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds...
[quote=mafoofan;2745510]Foucault is not necessarily wrong in all of his conclusions (he may even be right a lot), but that doesn't make his work good philosophy. His primary sin is over-reaching. His primary sin is that his logic would flunk him in any half grade community college.
Socially constructed is a verbose way of saying bullshit. Have any of you ever spoken to a gay person? It comes to them like swimming to fish. Society doesn't dictate what your wet dreams are, nature does. Society is independent of whether someone is gay, other than hollywood player types. Gay men in Islamo-facist states would be the prime examples of that. Rob
I'm posting only because I'm the exact opposite of a Jew. Yes, I'm Canadian. Everyone please go on with your business. Rob
I love the poor fellow walking with the crutch. rob