or Connect

Posts by rob

Pinot noir or a pretty big chard. I think that is going to give you good odds of hitting the sweet spot matching the flavors of the food. Rob
I live in Wisconsin and I'm Canadian. I also have an 18 oz. overcoat. While I might wish for warmer when it's 20 below, 18 oz. is much more versatile than the heavier weights. I was going to get a heavier weight but my tailor talked me out of it. I'm glad he did. The weather varies so much, I think you should get a coat that will work for most of them. Rob
I think I would be uniquely entitled to the title of "The Lurker." Rob
There some really good threads on shoe wardrobes on the site, which you should be able to find quickly. Also, Will at A Suitable Wardrobe blog, has some good information on building a shoe wardrobe as well as the rest of the wardrobe. Put This On also has lists of shoes, although its demographic skews younger. Good luck! Rob
You mean like Fred Astaire? Rob
those are forward pleats. Trousers look good to me. Cotton? Cotton- linen blend? Rob
I'm going to an event to kick off Milwaukee's Summerfest. The invite says Black and White Party Attire. Hmm. Well, my first challenge is that I don't own anything black other than shoes and a gross grain bow tie and cummerbund. Being a follower of all things CM, I have religiously purged my wardrobe of anything black. The closest I get is a midnight blue tux rig. Party attire would seem to be cocktail party to me. From photos I found from last year's event - not...
You have lower left shoulder, resulting in the lower left front bottom is lower than the right. Rob
Navy jacket/blazer, white ocbd, gray trousers and black shoes. Evening colors done in a casual manner. I wear this often when going out for the evening - dinner, drinks. You will fit in well but a with classic evening pallet. Rob
This, and use a four in hand knot.