or Connect

Posts by Nereis

Had it done Tuesday, no ill effects at all. Then again, spending a year in old China when you're an infant does a lot to boost your immune system.
With how personal tastes in clothing are, I just let her buy things for herself. If I had my way, she wouldn't wear denim anything other than jeans, and definitely no bedazzling. But she's a perky asian girl, so she gets a pass.
It might be because the vast majority of words and phrases in most languages are already taken for internet hosting purposes. Just a thought.
It's always important to dress for the context. In my much respected undergrad statistics professors words regarding the kid in the purple wig, dressing to the mean is buttondown and dockers, dressing two standard deviations above is black eyeliner, leather pants and tophat, and cool is one standard deviation above the mean. Thus anywhere beyond above 97% of people and you are an outlier, thus my friend you are one weird kid. Of course, I took it with a grain of salt since...
Expect the quality of nightlife to be much lower than New York, the shopping to be atrocious, the food not much better and military police to be on every corner keeping a careful eye on the hordes of tourists. That said, quite a few people there can speak pidgen English and if you're only going to stay in the cleaner areas of the city it's quite a worthwhile experience. If it's culture you want, I recommend visiting Xi'an and Nanjing. If it's a great uh... experience,...
I still stand by my belief that a good whack of a solid steel club to the head is more likely to knock someone out than a hastily thrown right hand.
There are two ways to get stronger. The first is to increase your muscle size to increase your strength base. The second involves getting your neurons to fire more efficiently and so maximize your strength given your muscle size. That will involve a more traditional powerlifting or olympic lifting program. The basic idea is to lift very heavy weights at low reps trying to break personal records each time. That's how olympic lifters manage to get stronger without going out...
Alright, some people may take the road of 'I don't care about trends never have never will since my style is timeless and will look just as relevant thirty years from now,' but for Dapper Fellow's purposes of going out to clubs and most likely picking up girls, looking like you stepped out of the late 90s isn't a good thing. Women more than anything are very attuned to trends and will judge guys at a glance. I still stand by my advice that Dapper Fellow would be much...
A completely untreated, raw pair will shrink 2 inches in the waist after a soak, hence 'shrink to fit.' A pair of sanforized jeans will shrink about .5 inches, which is equivalent to your bread and butter pair from any mall store. I'd also take this opportunity to inform you that bootcut has been out of fashion for a good few years now. We here have been on the slim fit since around 03, which means that the trend should be hitting the scene just about now. And you...
Thick as Thieves has always really been going for the guy who wears suits out to dances, clubs and parties; not the 9-5 working stiff who just has to have a suit to blend in, nor is it exactly a power suit. I think for Temple of Jawnz to distinguish itself, it has to go for an entirely different aesthetic. Stronger shoulders, wider lapels, longer jacket... all in all more Tom Ford than Thom Browne, if you get my drift.