or Connect

Posts by Parkave

Quote: Originally Posted by poloboy8665 The Filene's in ATL in Buckhead has some RL polo jackets on sale for $150 (with a 20% fun club discount to make it sweeter if you sign up for one) if anyone's interested. I think the sizes range from 40S to maybe 44? There's a few solid navy 3 roll 2, some with pinstripes. They also have some heavy tweed for the same price. The orig on the tags were $800 - 1k ish. For some of the jackets, they also had matching...
Quote: Originally Posted by samblau I can get stuff in any size you want with minimal notice, I am merely not stocking much because of the economy...also...there is a Loro Piana cashmere sweater for $139 that is more than 90% off! strictly speaking, $139 is not more than 90% off $1290 It is good that you are a lawyer instead of an accountant.
Quote: Originally Posted by wj1971 Thanks for the interest. The tagged size is 50 and 8R drop. The jacket fits like US 36 though. Sleeves were a bit longer. Maybe it is not that overly slim after all. The suit looks not bad on you, especially if you can loss 1" on your waist.
If the suit were a R and had dual vent, it should've been sold already.
That is a beautiful suit at a great price. And it is a size hard to find on this board. Incredible deal IMO.
Not that I am interested in buying, but I suggest you add a BIN option just slightly over your opening bid. That way, maybe someone will be able to benefit from Bing.com cash back.
Quote: Originally Posted by bdbb There have been many times where I've tried to price an item, found nothing comparable in the completed auctions on ebay (which only go back a short time), and located a thread here with something similar but the price deleted and listed as "$old." In those cases, you're flat out wrong. The sellers who deleted the prices kept me from getting an idea of the typical non-retail selling price. How hard would it be to write out...
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness How is that different from any other market, though? Every day I open the newspaper to another article about 'how to travel well on the cheap.' Do you think hoteliers and restauranteurs complain about freedom of the press as a result? No, they adjust their prices to remain competitive, or they justify keeping them high by pointing out the superiority of their product. Logic has nothing to do with it. Value is...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Not really. More information should lead, in most circumstances, to better sales and, thus, more products being available. Past prices and other available prices provide information to both buyer and seller, and that is a positive. Imagine another situation in which we were kept from seeing the prices of past purchases or from knowing what is available elsewhere. If sellers are compelled to match...
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness The onus is on the seller to convince the buyer that the item is being sold for a good price. It's not like they're helpless. As Doc pointed out, now that the supply of Incotex has dried up, their value will naturally increase. Economics 101. But imagine someone constantly point out "I got these pants for $25 3 months ago. Just wait there will be more of these." Maybe there will be and maybe there won't...