or Connect

Posts by Boston Tweed

Quote: Originally Posted by christinedaae I remember about 2 years ago there was this girl I went to the movies with, first date. She was pretty cute, long story short, we get to the movies, she gets on the phone in the movie. Without even thinking about it I pull out 40 dollars, and tell her to catch a cab home, and went to the gym. I was already pissed I missed my gym time to go on the date anyway, that just was the icing on the cake. I had like 40...
"_______ is the new black." Fortunately it is most commonly heard in women's clothing, but whenever a designer says that "black is the new black" I wretch particularly hard.
Quote: Originally Posted by RjSF7 I own a Cold Stone Franchise. I seriously work there about 77 hours a week, not including Saturdays and Fridays. While these hours suck, if his Cold Stone is like most ice cream shoppes, I'm guessing he enjoys some other perks like working with college age women which might make up some of the difference...
I can highly recommend B. Nelson in NYC for this type of work as they've resoled some AEs for me with excellent results (and used better than OEM soles...Redenbach is so much more durable) and reasonable prices. They'd do a great job on your AEs or Florsheims. http://www.bnelsonshoes.com/
Quote: Originally Posted by fuji The crazy girl tried to kill herself today. Over dosed on her anti depressants. Don't really know what to do. I went to the hospital to see her and she wants to go on holiday. I have the money and everything, but I don't know if its a good idea. Not to be the "mean guy" here but a holiday doesn't tend to get someone over being suicidal. Unless she's ready for a healing process (which sounds like a big if) with...
Wingtips. When I bought my first pair I was positively shocked at how often I found myself reaching for them. Really a versatile shoe.
Quote: Originally Posted by econkid89 yeah the saphire is way too expensive. I am just a broke college student looking to find lesser expensive ones that can make my shoes look better. wouldn't the meltonian polish make my leather shoes shiny? My question was what kind of polish or cream would be best for my shoe as shown in the link above While I do believe that there are differences between polish brands, I think the big thing in...
Quote: Originally Posted by cartisdm how are you all drying your socks? I know some mentioned hang dry but there's no way I have the time or space available for that. The dryer has been my method so far but when they come out they look like girl's nylons. Instead of that nice "sock-like" appearance, the tube area is all shrivled up and I want to be sure I'm not harming the socks (plus it makes folding them a little difficult) You don't need...
Maybe I missed it, but where is this case from? I'm in the market for a new one and this one is drool-worthy...
Quote: Originally Posted by eglbc is 75$ for a 4 place setting + mugs/saucers set of dansk mesa stoneware a good price? Its in good condition used What a flashback. My parents had these and we'd use them for "special" occasions in the late 80s and early 90s. I wouldn't doubt they are still in their attic, although I'll be damned if I'll ever go look for them. Just as an FYI, these weigh an absolute ton...you may be into that or may...