or Connect

Posts by radicaldog

I'm clearing up some space in my closet, so regrettably I'm getting rid of near-duplicates. This is a pair of Church's I've had for quite a while (I think they're pre-Prada, so a really solid, old fashioned pair of English shoes), but not worn all that much as the size isn't perfect on me. They have a fair amount of life left in them, as you can see from the pics. Or the factory could restore them to near-new condition for a modest fee, of course. Shoe trees not included....
^ If that's the case, I'm glad I got my snow smock in time. I'm very pleased with it, except that the length may turn out to be a bit fashiony a few years down the line (I would've made it an inch or so longer). Anyway, it may well be that Ten C continues: isn't the idea that the collection doesn't change over the years?
Spot on, Holdfast.
How much do APC Petit Standard corduroys shrink in the wash, if washed on a high temperature and tumble-dried?
Nothing? Wrong thread?
I'm a true 32 and bought some of those in 34 as I didn't want them to be too skinny. But now I reckon that they could do with being a tad smaller. Will they shrink a bit if I wash then at, say, 60 degrees and put them through the dry cleaner? They are 100% cotton after all. Any help would be much appreciated.
To play it safe you should probably go with navy or charcoal. Still much better than the ubiquitous black anyway. And you can always get an interesting shade of navy or a nice herringbone in the charcoal. I have a camel hair overcoat from O'Connell's and find that it stands out even in London (England, not Ontario).
Any European (possibly UK) alternatives to Tiecrafters?
Bump?
Does anyone have any pictures of these after some wear? Is it true that they mold to the body and become softer? And what about discolouration and other dry denim-like effects? Cheers.