or Connect

Posts by radicaldog

Does anyone have any pictures of these after some wear? Is it true that they mold to the body and become softer? And what about discolouration and other dry denim-like effects? Cheers.
Nice stuff. Most knit sportcoat I can find, though, have the currently fashionable proportions, i.e. far too short for my taste. Any suggestions on where to find a more traditional silhouette.
I'm warming to this concept, even though I'm usually hostile to hybrids. Suggestions? Here are a few photos for inspiration. Keep them coming, if you're so inclined. Any suggestions for good quality options would be most appreciated. Cheers.
Those peaks are obscene (seriously, there's no photo angle from which one should see a peak lapel protruding over the wearer's shoulder), and the slimness of the trousers borders on the comical. He looks like a vasciaiuolo* who suddenly came into a bit of money.* Terribly politically incorrect terms referring to the inhabitants of the vasci, a sort of traditional basement-level dwelling of Naples' urban underclass.
Navy blue solid reppe A reppe stripe of some kind Light navy blue knit Black knit or grenadine Blue with cream dots (knit or grenadine or woven) Green solid reppe or knit or grenadine Midnight blue solid (for evening wear -- could be satin) Light grey wool Small flower/geometric foulard print with blue or silver ground Ancient madder in any colour (That list is slightly wintery, but then many people don't wear ties as often in summer)
Cheers. It does seem undistinguishable from the selvedge fabric, but seing those machine-finished edges on the cuffs just feels weird.
I was in urgent need of a pair of jeans so I nipped into the Redchurch St A.P.C. store in London and bought a pair of black New Standards. I've now just realised that they're not selvedge. I don't care that much as I'm going to have them hemmed (how much will they shrink in length?), but still. Is this a new development?
I have two pairs of Carminas and really like them. Excellent value. Now I hear all this talk of their sub-brand Meermin. The pictures look quite good, but how are they so cheap? What are the differences? I reckon this must have been discussed elsewhere, but the Meermin thread is enormous so I'm a bit lost. There's this thread, but it's not very systematic. Does anyone have substantial insight about differences in construction and leather quality? Cheers.
Nice, but it looks like a sort of hunting garment.
Cream/stone are my favourite pairing, but there are plenty of other options. The choice also depends on the season (green or rust cord/moleskin in winter, blue cotton in summer, etc.). I wouldn't care about this or that colour being out of fashion (and no, I've never worn square-toed shoes, and always worn pleated trousers, though not exclusively).