or Connect

Posts by radicaldog

That's quite harsh. I'm not a big fan of shell, and I see nothing wrong with my burgundy calf shoes. In fact it's the most versatile colour. In fact, here's a two-shoe wardrobe that can be stretched to any occasion:- Black calf captoe ofxfords.- Burgundy calf captoe derbies.I really think that the rule that oxfords are necessary with suits/inappropriate with odd jackets is obsolete.
On the other hand, the fact that the fabric soaks up water doesn't mean that the water makes it all the way to the inside of the jacket. The real issue is how long it takes for the water repellence to be lost completely. Also, the bottom bit of my zipper is fraying a bit as well.
It could be that the fabric is intrinsically water-repellent, but once it is abraded by wear it loses its water repellence irreparably. Which would be rubbish.
Like denim. Some makers offer selvedge chinos, sometimes in five-pocket (i.e. jean-like) designs.
Care to elaborate? I reckon with jeans there is an authenticity issue (i.e. that's how denim used to be made etc.), but I don't think that applies to chinos. Incidentally, I realised that one of my APCs (faux noir) is not selvedge, but the denim seems undistinguishable from the others.
Is there a point? (Genuine question -- cross-posting to Classic Meanswear for obvious reasons.) Cheers.
Is there a point? (Genuine question -- cross-posting to SW&D for obvious reasons.) Cheers.
By the way, I'm still very happy with my snow smock, but I must report that a pencil (not even a very sharp one) created two small holes in one of my hip pockets. So the fabric may well be hardwearing, but it certainly is prone to cuts and tears.
Everyone's talking about how they stretch (not much, apparently), but how about shrinkage? I'd like to try their 21oz tapered -- a cheap experiment in heavy denim to see if it's worth trying Ironheart or similar. Any info would be gratefully received. Cheers.
So you never sat in a meeting wishing you could see who called/texted you without conspicuously looking at your phone? The over-the-cuff thing was mostly in jest, but if the smartwatch is big and needs to be accessed promptly then there may be a rationale.