or Connect

Posts by radicaldog

I've been looking at Equus' website and rather fancy their West End belt in racing green. Of course I don't own any green shoes tough. So I suppose my question is this: can one wear a green bridle leather belt in the same way that one wears a ribbon belt, ie as a freestanding bit of colour rather than as something that shouldn't be too distant from the colour of one's shoes? I'm not looking for "wear it if you like it" answers, but for arguments of sorts. My argument...
Sorry, only just saw this post -- they're black. I think that makes them more interesting, actually. Brown slip-ons reek too much of public school (in the English sense).
Fair enough. By the way, I started a thread by quoting your modernism comments: http://www.styleforum.net/t/333582/on-why-we-like-modernist-chairs-and-houses-but-classical-clothes I hope to return to it tonight with some thoughts. Also, I completely agree that overcoat styles never became settled. The last one I made is three-quarter length, fly-front, slash pockets and single breasted, but with a storm collar (!). Arguably a goofy mongrel, but I think it works. The...
Foo made an interesting observation that got a bit lost in his overcoat thread.It's an issue I've been pondering with little success for a while, and I don't really have much time to elaborate. Someone should.
Is this supposed to be a positive? Why, exactly?In any case the coat does look very good, though I would've gone for somewhat narrower lapels -- they almost touch the sleeves. I particularly like how the pleat opens from the half belt.
Waistcoat?
What is the difference between Fullcount 1108 and 1109? I reckon the latter cut is slimmer, but by how much?
Returned them with a heavy hart. They're quite a full cut.
This question is going down better than I would've thought. Where is the fashion vs style police?
Nothing? Just ordered a pair in 33 (I'm a 32 in RRL and a tight 32 in APC NS faux noir). We'll see.