or Connect

Posts by radicaldog

The fabric is a heavy and slubby linen. The buttons are bone (I hard ordered two distanced buttons for the cuffs, but small mishaps like this are the order of the day with any tailor). The back has a single vent and the sleeves are shirt-set. The slanted pocket is for my passport and/or other things that need to be both secure and readily accessible. Secret bells & whistles include a hole for headphones concealed under the lapel, with a little loop to keep the cable in...
As requested, a bad photo of my travel jacket. I've also got a winter version in solid brown Harris tweed, but the pockets and other (largely invisible) bells & whistles in that one weren't very well thought-through.
Went to the shop in Genoa a couple of years ago and was not impressed. They do have guts do: all their RTW ties, including knits, are 10cm wide and always will be.
Wow. Much obliged. This could be a reference thread now.
Can't seem to find a thread on those. I don't want to use the bulky plastic case of my Persols. Pointers for stylish cases would be gratefully received.
Cardinal Newman College is a sixth-form, isn't it? For American members: sixth-form is the final part of high school in the UK (college is not the same as university in British English, though some universities have colleges). In any case, sticking out like a sore thumb is not elegant, nor is bragging about one's family's wealth.
Wedding season is upon us. I've got three in Italy coming up, all around Lake Como. Formal day wear is not appropriate there, except perhaps for the groom and best man, so I'm just going to wear a dark lounge suit. But I thought that, to nod at formal daywear, I could wear a shirt with a white collar. And here's the dilemma: white or self-coloured cuffs? It seems to me that self cuffs are standard with proper formal daywear shirts, because the collar is detachable and the...
Of course. Nothing Manton said denies that.
No paisley, equally or more bucolic:
Never mentioned longwings. Burgundy captoe derbies, single sole. They're by no means the perfect shoe for cream linen, but they're not wrong either. Basically they'll be OK with jeans and a sweater, any suit and any sportcoat/blazer combo, in any occasion in which black is not mandatory.