or Connect

Posts by radicaldog

I wear soporific ties almost exclusively. My point was that most Marinella ties are soporific in a bad way. A muted three-colour mid-sized floral print on blue ground is soporific, OK? Well, there's good and bad soporific. I just find Drakes and Cappelli more interesting. The point is to be soporific without being obvious, and I think that's were Marinella fails.For example -- Good (Drakes):Wearable but uninspired (i.e. bad - Marinella):Good with small pattern (from my own...
I just spent a couple of days in Naples, so I thought I might share a few random style-related observations. I hadn't been there in a long time and was only passing through with friends, so this wasn't a clothes-buying expedition, but still. - Marinella: disappointment. I'd only been to their little shop in Milan and expected to find a treasure trove here, but they didn't have much. For instance, no shantung/raw silk ties. Yes, I did visit their upstairs shop. Basically,...
No. I was on a little tour of Southern Italy with friends, so didn't quite have time to go on major shopping expeditions.Will do.
19 oz is overcoating weight. Also, something porous like Shetland or Harris tweed doesn't wear too hot even in heavier weights because it traps air and remains breathable, but those thornproof-like cloths are very dense, so you'll perspire profusely in a three-piece. On the other hand, if you want a proper old fashioned winter shooting suit to be worn without outerwear (or maybe an unlined Barbour jacket), then that's the cloth for you.
I do like the first one, but it's a field jacket rather than a sportcoat. I wanted something one could wear with a tie.
Not much: Cappelli, Rubinacci, Attolini, Ulturale etc. were all closed. But I did get an umbrella at Talarico and a few ties at a place called Mr Fox, just off Piazza dei Martiri -- mediocre shop but excellent tie selection. Marinella is not very good at all. I'd never been to his Naples shop and expected it to be much better than the little one in Milan, but even counting the large upstairs place I wasn't impressed by the selection. I should probably do a quick Naples...
No, but I think I saw the fans arriving by ferry to Palermo (light but firm police presence there!). Yesterday's result did not please Palermo, to say the least.No time to get anything made up, alas. (But thanks.)
Nothin'?