or Connect

Posts by radicaldog

Not much: Cappelli, Rubinacci, Attolini, Ulturale etc. were all closed. But I did get an umbrella at Talarico and a few ties at a place called Mr Fox, just off Piazza dei Martiri -- mediocre shop but excellent tie selection. Marinella is not very good at all. I'd never been to his Naples shop and expected it to be much better than the little one in Milan, but even counting the large upstairs place I wasn't impressed by the selection. I should probably do a quick Naples...
No, but I think I saw the fans arriving by ferry to Palermo (light but firm police presence there!). Yesterday's result did not please Palermo, to say the least.No time to get anything made up, alas. (But thanks.)
Nothin'?
So there was this one golden age we reached around 1935, and then it was downhill from there. That doesn't sound terribly plausible (imagine if someone said it about art of a certain brief period -- of course some people do say this, but it's an odd view). Were there any other golden ages? If, say, the toga also achieved objective goodness, would it be right to wear one today? If you want to answer that question negatively you'll have to concede something to the...
A camel polo coat (such as the one pictured in the OP) is traditional even with black tie, at least in the US. I have a RTW one from O'Connels (with peak lapels, which isn't ideal) and wear it with everything despite the fact that I've got other overcoats (loden, navy, large herringbone). I wouldn't buy it again because the cloth isn't great, but still.
I just stayed at the Hotel Naples, Corso Umberto I 55. Very reasonable (on the basic side of four stars), about 15-20' walk from the station, right in front of the University's main building a five minutes from Spaccanapoli. The area around the station isn't very nice at all.
I'm in Palermo for a couple of days. I haven't got a lot of time to look for clothes and other accoutrements as I'm with friends; but still, any suggestions would be much appreciated. Cheers.
Thanks. I'm travelling around till early Sept., but will try and take some photos when back home.
Seconded. My go-to place for cloth in Milan. Guenzati's selection is smaller and much pricier, even though they do have the odd very interesting thing.