or Connect

Posts by radicaldog

Don't quite see the point of a buttondown Capri collar. If you wear the Capri, have the courage to wear it over your coat's lapels.
And a comparison of 2 (bottom) and 4 (top) in bicolour version, which may highlight the difference in the weave: I have type 3 with stripes but not in bicolour version, alas.
As requested, here are some clumsy photographs of my three favourite kinds of knit tie. From top to bottom, types 2 (crunchy and airy), 3 (crunchy and loose), and 4 (crunchy and tight): Close-up:
Here goes: http://www.styleforum.net/t/313298/quick-naples-impressions-e-g-marinella-sucks-talarico-rocks-mid-market-unbranded-clothes-are-quite-good-if-your-budget-is-very-limited
Leave it alone.
Didn't notice them -- perhaps the huge LV shop in front of the old Rubinacci store put me off the area. But thanks for the tip. Will stop there next time.
Admittedly, I was being hyperbolic about Marinella. I just don't think it's this temple of neckwear that people sometimes talk about. Perhaps the disagreement here is due to context: Marinella-esque ties are just all over the place and signify conservative blandness rather than quiet discernment.
Just checked: the two brown ones (you can just make out the solid one to the left) are Barba four-folds. The blue ones are Dell'Oglio (the latter is a shop in Palermo I recently discovered -- same silk and construction quality as the better known Neapolitan makers).
Fair enough. But it just seems to me that the Marinella tie above is the sort of tie worn by every non-tacky Italian politician, businessman, professional or journalist; whereas the other ties wouldn't be picked by those sorts of people. Yet, as you say, they are fundamentally the same sort of tie (same level of formality, non-tackiness, quality, even same colour). What does that say? To me it says that the non-Marinella ties are more sophisticated. Or maybe I just like to...