or Connect

Posts by radicaldog

Navy blue solid reppe A reppe stripe of some kind Light navy blue knit Black knit or grenadine Blue with cream dots (knit or grenadine or woven) Green solid reppe or knit or grenadine Midnight blue solid (for evening wear -- could be satin) Light grey wool Small flower/geometric foulard print with blue or silver ground Ancient madder in any colour (That list is slightly wintery, but then many people don't wear ties as often in summer)
Cheers. It does seem undistinguishable from the selvedge fabric, but seing those machine-finished edges on the cuffs just feels weird.
I was in urgent need of a pair of jeans so I nipped into the Redchurch St A.P.C. store in London and bought a pair of black New Standards. I've now just realised that they're not selvedge. I don't care that much as I'm going to have them hemmed (how much will they shrink in length?), but still. Is this a new development?
I have two pairs of Carminas and really like them. Excellent value. Now I hear all this talk of their sub-brand Meermin. The pictures look quite good, but how are they so cheap? What are the differences? I reckon this must have been discussed elsewhere, but the Meermin thread is enormous so I'm a bit lost. There's this thread, but it's not very systematic. Does anyone have substantial insight about differences in construction and leather quality? Cheers.
Nice, but it looks like a sort of hunting garment.
Cream/stone are my favourite pairing, but there are plenty of other options. The choice also depends on the season (green or rust cord/moleskin in winter, blue cotton in summer, etc.). I wouldn't care about this or that colour being out of fashion (and no, I've never worn square-toed shoes, and always worn pleated trousers, though not exclusively).
^ Nice. Looks more like a field jacket though. I have something quite similar (in blue, no belt) from Aspesi.
^ Nice (though I tend to use the spotted ones with suits only). I think those are both n. 3 (crunchy and loose). Note how in n. 4 (crunchy and tight) the knots are tighter and slightly more on a zig-zag rather than a straight grid. One can see that quite clearly in my comparison shot of the two bicoloured ones above.
Yes, sorry. Edited the mistake above.
You're welcome. It seems to me that type 3 (crunchy and loose) is the most common one of the three. I suspect the maker is Nick Bronson. Howard Yount, Gallo and many others use this weave.