or Connect

Posts by radicaldog

Interesting, but I wasn't really thinking of dressing up a traditional lounge suit. I'm after something that is a set of evening clothes, but doesn't need to be tailored properly. Put it this way: RTW stuff apes bespoke, so I won't buy it. I want something decidedly, proudly industrial. Margaret Howell-style is as tailored as I'd go. I hope that makes sense!
Yeah, a horrible sin. It's not as if Agnelli did it all the time. Or Luca di Montezemolo.
I've no serviceable dinner suit, and probably no time for my tailor to make one up. I don't want to buy a RTW traditional dinner suit, as I know I'd regret it. What am I to do? Any ideas for something maybe unstructured and paired down that could serve as a dinner suit equivalent? I'm looking for the evening appropriate equivalent of the early unstructured Armani suits, say. The context isn't overly traditionalist anyhow. Thanks in advance.
Discuss.
Yes. It's just very light needlecord. For instance: http://www.johnsimons.co.uk/dark-blue-cord-shirt/Actually, your tailors, Rubinacci, make some beautiful summer sportcoats from it.
My (Italian) shirtmaker doesn't carry any. Where can I order some, of good quality? Cheers.
The white shirt with the brown suit is atrocious.
Spalla a pagoda, if I'm not mistaken. It's striking. I remember seeing pictures of Vittorio de Sica with a similar coat construction. Having said that, the look is too flashy for my taste.
OK, I'll have a modern undarted soft suit with natural shoulders. Any styling advice?
Thanks. But I'm in Europe.