or Connect

Posts by radicaldog

As far as penny loafers with true moccasin construction go, this is as good as it gets. I bought them in Paris at the Carmina shop, but now I find myself moving away from this sort of style, so regrettably they'll have to go to make room for other stuff in the closet. They're in very good condition, never worn sockless. I had them professionally topy-ed, as you can see from the photo. The leather is truly of the highest quality -- hard to convey photographically, but...
Extremely versatile suede derbies/bluchers from Carmina, in excellent conditions. I fell in love with these in a shop in Lisbon and bought them despite a less and perfect fit, so now I have to let go of them having hardly worn them. Note the rare sole treatment: a cross between full leather and dainite, original from Carmina -- the perfect balance between the practicality of dainite and the smartness of leather, without the compromise of topy-ing. This model really goes...
I've seen some of their suede stuff pop in some the usual shops (Oi Polloi etc). What's the quality like? And what about their lamb/calf jackets? Anyone have experience? Cheers.
The TOJ version was good, but harringtons look a lot better with raglan sleeves IMO. It'd look great in a supple lambskin -- hint hint!
Any plans to do a harrington in a soft leather? With Band of Outsiders out of business and this beauty sold out at ACNE, there's definitely a gap in the market. Note the navy blue large wale corduroy collar lining -- the showstealing touch.
Thanks. I'd just ordered a black Ashton from Farfetch and hear the size (IT46) wasn't available after all. Bummer. It's from last year. I'm now set on it and can't find anything remotely like it. I think the attraction of the mode is that it's suitably urban and doesn't look like the wearer really wishes they had a motorcycle or a Cessna. Looking for alternatives, sugggestions much appreciated.
My penny loafers are on the Xim last and they fit well in a 7.5 (though I never wear them 'cause I don't know what to do with them). What size should I choose for the Detroit last? Thanks.
What's your experience with their jackets? I know that they're fashion items, not proper biker gear, but then I'm not a biker.
I gather that ToJ is defunct and the planned replacement not live yet. So what's the S&D approved leather jacket supplier? I'm looking for something like the leather harrington jacket ACNE made last year, say. Something neither flimsy nor bulletproof, and wearable with a range of things, from t-shirt and sneakers to even, perhaps, a shirt and tie, like Truffaut:
Not interested in the big brand boutiques. Any hidden gems I should look out for during a four-day trip? Cheers.