or Connect

Posts by radicaldog

Anyone tried this? http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/travel/2012/skyroll-review-perfect-busy-business-traveler/
Does anyone know of a garment bag that actually succeeds in keeping one's suit relatively unwrinkled? I wouldn't normally care, but I can't wear a wrinkly dinner jacket. Thanks.
It looks as though I can't help ordering a dinner suit. I find midnight blue too conspicuous, so I picked the most matte black cloth in a Drapers book (something made in England, not sure about the mill). I know I want grosgrain facings and trouser bands. What I don't know is what style to go for. I'm 1,75, in my early thirties, and have a fairly slim figure, but with narrow rounded shoulders and a relatively prominent seat. A sedentary academic, yes. So, my favourite...
^ That's a good analysis. The line might indeed be too fine to be walkable.
I was wondering how long it would take to elicit this sort of response. Look, there's something to be said for traditionalism, but the question I asked deliberately sets it aside. I trust my hosts to have enough discernment to recognise a contemporary interpretation of the 'black tie' dress code.
^ That's more what I was going for -- thanks. Except that I can't claim any working class credentials. So I suppose I need a classless or upper middle class version of the above. Hmm... The relevant aesthetic is probably that of the few modernist experiments with clothing. Admittedly it's telling that the likes of van der Rohe, Gropius or Breuer dressed traditionally (though at the Bauhaus there were some nutcases with orientalist fantasies, long tunics, and insane...
Interesting, but I wasn't really thinking of dressing up a traditional lounge suit. I'm after something that is a set of evening clothes, but doesn't need to be tailored properly. Put it this way: RTW stuff apes bespoke, so I won't buy it. I want something decidedly, proudly industrial. Margaret Howell-style is as tailored as I'd go. I hope that makes sense!
Yeah, a horrible sin. It's not as if Agnelli did it all the time. Or Luca di Montezemolo.
I've no serviceable dinner suit, and probably no time for my tailor to make one up. I don't want to buy a RTW traditional dinner suit, as I know I'd regret it. What am I to do? Any ideas for something maybe unstructured and paired down that could serve as a dinner suit equivalent? I'm looking for the evening appropriate equivalent of the early unstructured Armani suits, say. The context isn't overly traditionalist anyhow. Thanks in advance.
Discuss.