or Connect

Posts by radicaldog

Copy-pasting an old post of mine, It seems to me that there are four different kinds of silk knits: 1 - Almost flat and light, a sort of piquet weave. These are sold by cheaper retailers such as TM Lewin, and I consider them too ugly to wear. 2 - Crunchy and airy: I have some of these by Borsalino, Les Copains and Polo. I really like them. 3 - Crunchy and loose: this is the Howard Yount variety. Many other brands sell these. They're not bad at all and I wear them...
I would've thought that most patterns stand out more on a white ground, relative to ecru, which is softer. A white ground is more reflective, so it illuminates the area around a tie or between lapels.
Blue, pink, and white are much more common solid colour choices for an OCBD. Why? Ecru goes with everything, photographs very well, and is subtle without being showy. Why do people shun this colour? Answers on a postcard.
If you can't get your foot through the leg, then the leg is too tight. It will look out of proportion. Even the guys in the pic look terrible. They look like they sell clothes for a living, which many of them probably do.
Isn't any thread that's not about buying stuff doomed?
At leas by politician standards: OCBDs, repp ties, 3-button suits. Sometimes. Could be worse.
Thanks, Sam. That's more or less what I had in mind. There used to be far more threads of this sort, and they'd contain articulate discussions that didn't necessarily descend into matters of shopping. And so the first page would be varied and interesting.
^ who said that? Reeves above?
I find Permanent Style quite affected. Besides, it's a blog, not a peer to peer conversation. I suppose there's the London Lounge, but that too is quieter these days. This place was something else, anyhow.
I should've been clearer: I'm not lamenting just the paucity of threads about bespoke stuff. I started getting bespoke clothes around 2007. By 2012 or so I had formed a good sense of what I liked and wanted. These days I order a suit or equivalent a year, if that. I've almost run out of closet space and in any case I'm working on simplifying my life. I've now even reverted away from bespoke: I regularly buy RTW shirts now since my default choice is a relatively roomy OCBD....