or Connect

Posts by Synthese

please do not quote, thanks
FUCK YES Alexandre Plokhov pullover I had given up on finding - turned up today in my size, on deep deep deep sale, last one in stock Here's hoping the fucker actually ships! Forgot to post these like a month ago, but right before summer really began I proxied myself a pair of Julius twisted/destroyed denim (fyeahjapan) and also found a pair of Plokhov's low-crotch tankers. Much too hot to wear either at the moment: Julius: AP: Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll...
Hey, congratulations. I'm sure you'll kick ass and take names (tips).
If you stick a high-collared shirt under that, put on some cropped black trousers, a pair of derbies, a cape and a hat, I will give you a thumbs up.
In Stitches Original WAYWT post here What this looks like: "The tickets...are now diamonds." “I love books,” says the librarian. “I love them so much that I believe, very strongly, that no one should ever be able to touch them or, god forbid, remove them from my library. Every dog-eared page, every cracked spine – it’s like a knife through my heart. If I catch you pulling that kind of shit I’ll do the same to you. Are we clear?” You can feel disgust radiating off...
Stitches, I find that tie very out of place
Fuck, this is what I get for ignoring SF for a few hours. I've been waiting and hoping for some of those to pop up on eBay - if someone ends up with a 9 or 10 that doesn't work out for them, please let me know.
I don't know what bad experiences you're talking about, but I'm neither trying to be catty nor pick a fight. It's a silly thing to say, that's all - even saying "I like the way men look in tuxedos" would have been enough of a qualifier, but then we get dragged into this culture war of imaginary, mindless nostalgia and I think it's worth pointing out that it's silly. "Black Tie," whatever it is, is cool enough for SW+D sometimes. I think that, if we had any brains at...
Yes, you're right. There is only one style of tuxedo, one universally accepted definition of "proper black-tie," and there is certainly only one objectively definite way to "look good."
I have this dream that someday you'll disappear, and we'll lament our loss. Inevitably, life will go on, and you'll gradually fade from the forum's immediate memory and be incorporated into the collective heroic subconscious of Streetwear and Denim - until someone finally spots you in an anonymous newspaper clipping from the South Pole, standing atop a derelict ship locked in pancake ice, the cloud-cap'd peaks of the Transantarctic range in the background.