or Connect

Posts by Synthese

Thanks for following along, everyone. I just want to clarify that detailed brand write-ups will be coming later, in the weeks following Pitti. So if something is glanced over, don't fret - there will be more.
1. Everyone looks like Nick Wooster 2. What? Today was crazed, but the wall has been conquered.
Weary feet with @unbelragazzo in the press room at #Pittiuomo. You cannot stop us. You cannot hold us back. We are strong. We are #menswear.
Someone asked me for a picture. I don't think my panic was evident. Is this what they call The Big Time?
Oh god he wasn't kidding and it's only Wednesday morningPart 2: "Dinner," otherwise known as "Armageddon," will be coming later today.
Pitti Uomo Day 1: Part 1 When I checked into my hotel the night I arrived, the concierge asked me if I was "here for the show". Yes, I laughed. "It's kind of a circus," he said. He was right. After a shower (my towels smell like glue), two machine-made cappuccinos and two packets of salami, I find my way to the exhibition by following a pair of dudes in blacked out varsities, one of which declares "Jesus saves, I spend." Lead on. The corridor into the Fortezza is...
Hi Guys, In an effort to make a bit things a bit more streamlined, I'm going to create a new thread that will act as something like a journal, separate from the brand thread and separate from the future write-ups. Things could get messy. The new thread can be found here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/375471/the-pittilogues-one-mans-ramblings-through-the-seedy-underbelly-of-menswear/0_100 Please subscribe and follow along!
In an effort to make a bit things a bit more streamlined, I'm going to create a new thread here that will act as something like a journal, separate from the brand thread and separate from the future write-ups. Things could get messy.
Pitti Travelogue 00: Waiting to board the plane from Frankfurt to Florence is an adventure on itself. There are more cuffed jeans than one usually sees; more scarves, more squares, more sprezz. I waste time trying to guess who's attending the fair. The young Japanese guys with Raf Simons runners, layered tank tops and hankies in pockets are almost too obvious, as is the man with multiple bracelets, jeans cuffed high above his chukkas, and a wool overcoat draped...
Anyone know how to convince "boingo" to let me re-log in to airport internet? this is something I wish I knew by now.