or Connect

Posts by Synthese

Caveat: I have no direct experience with these pants. However, You'll find that most people on this forum are anti-J.Crew (including me), but for those jeans in particular I would certainly not consider them unless you have a chance to try in person. Made-in-USA (and "stitched in LA") tends to mean nothing from most mall brands, and J Crew is no exception. 125$ is getting into the range of decent denim from brands that do make quality garments (Cone produces various...
bought the weird red pants on impulse. don't remember the last time i did that. good looking out...?
stone island shadow project
  basically wearing the same thing whenever it's cool enough for pents
I hear that the fashionistas call it "nordie's"
By lightly lined, do you mean a technical softshell? If so, maybe start with Arcteryx and Outlier. Acronym offers one or two as well. If you want a hardshell there are a million options, and layering over a warm midlayer is always wise.
On a lighter note, all of our San Francisco SW&D brethren should swing by our meetup next Thursday at SuitSupply San Francisco. I'll be there, so RSVP and then come say hi. Should be fun! Plus, sponsored drinks. Everyone wins.   Also, if you need a suit for an upcoming wedding/event, this is a pretty good opportunity.    @cyc wid it @dieworkwear and everyone else - I expect to see you there!    
Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Goorin Bros. cheap-o sale find...will see plenty of use standing in the river, but I don' t expect it to last forever. 21-25 lbs of raw power