or Connect

Posts by Synthese

dipping my toes. very windy!    
Northern california is so crazy beautiful I literally can't even    
If it's not hot out! It's pretty heavy, I'd say. 
I think he's saying that separating the clothing from discussion of and knowledge about said clothing damages its "value" - regardless of the price attached. And that you then have a (scaled-up, like you say; which he takes issue with) group of users looking only at the little slashed-out price tag instead of what they're actually buying. 
I think that if we can get past the ad hominem stuff there's a kernel there that's worth discussing, it's just framed poorly. And his example - an undercover jacket - does a poor job of illustrating what he's trying to say (itself problematic), because in the article he's associated it purely with the brand - no different than buying supreme for the box logo.   To me, the weirdest part is vilifying people who can't meet some sort of arbitrary price cut off, while...
It's not a good article, but the point he makes (at least, conditioning the consumer to expect lower and lower deals) is fair. It's just not new, or limited to grailed...or to fashion...or to anything, really. Grailed is an extension (and affirmation) of an existing culture - their users came from somewhere (SF, SZ, SUFU), and very quickly.   Thing is, fashion's more accessible than ever, but is still enough of a niche interest that everyone feels like an insider (and...
Well, going to try to sell my black CWU45 again. Measurements are in sig, fits 50/52.
You can also find these at SuitSupply (I believe they're around 100$), and Eidos has made them in the past. 
Hey dood - just did this myself. Echoing the others and saying don't wear WJK as wedding/formal shoes. You can try: Carmina (~450, Skoaktiebolaget, Carmina, The Armoury)Carlos Santos (Skoaktiebolaget - run by @Leaves, who is as friendly as he is tall - 325)Justin Fitzpatrick (~400, this is where I ultimately bought mine - I have met Justin a couple of times and he's a great guy)Allen Edmonds (can be found on ebay for 100-150, or new for ~300 I believe)