or Connect

Posts by Synthese

I haven't played a shooter other than destiny in forever, and I am really struggling to adjust. I didn't play the beta at all, and after 2 days playing Overwatch I have only two complaints:   the FUCKING turrets. what the fuck. Infinite range and insta-kill with actual armor too?    Mercy's sprint speed. Her boost is slow enough, but the fact that reaper can chase her down/she can't get to squishies quickly is seriously lame.
I used to scrim/etc (never true competition) back in the days of T1 (the only game I have ever been legit godlike at), but didn't have a computer that could run T2 until it was 2late. The rest of the series was a disaster, even if I tried to back Ascend without being able to play it.  Is Midair made by the same group, or is it basically a fanbuild of T2? Poor T2. So ahead of its time. And I'm still looking for the amazing "Heavy Love" song, if you ever heard that. So far,...
Didn't pick up Mirror's Edge, and now reviews are making me wonder if I ever will. I was pretty excited about it, but if I'm getting bored just reading the reviews I wonder if I'll have any love for the game at all. The criticisms of the story leave me particularly cold, and if exploring the city is as painful as ars technica has suggested I'm not sure it's worth it.   I did, however, just buy Overwatch; purely to play Pharah and try to relive the glory days of...
What's up with dudes wearing windsors/half windsors? See it everywhere, always tied too short. Is that like what GQ says is fancier?
Yep, that's accurate. Not really one size small, just...narrow shoulders. I have an XL that fits XL (a tee) and an L that I gave to my mom because it fit an...L. But my understanding is that sizes can vary a lot. If chest and shoulders seems small, they probably are. IMO, the outwerwear is the standout. Not nevessarily the shirts. Depending, of course.
This is such a no-brainer. My dad has a George Costanza wallet, and has been complaining about the size of the stupid thing for some time - to the point of asking me where to find an alternative. He just wants a wallet he can use as a daily; for a few cards and some cash if it's needed. Simple stuff. No insurance, car insurance, Petco cards, Petco insurance; whatever the hell it its. The last time I saw him, he had a goddamn TUMI card-case open on his computer....
 How long will you be here? The beer is OK/pretty good, as is the food. I imagine that between me and @Noctone we can find you some decent recommendations depending on where you're staying. Cocktail/club scene is unbearable, but since you want beer that's much more pleasant. I happen to like the Botanic gardens, and the art museum is worth checking before you arrive just in case. If you want a nice day trip I would drive up to Indian Peaks wilderness and hike to Lake...
 tia
Does she realize what she is?
I love how (s)he's peeking out in the first picture too.