or Connect

Posts by Synthese

dude you're on fire
....they made a show out of it? I loved that book. "Is this one of your realms of hell, sir?" "No, this is Scotland."
Someone please take a photo of the whole crew wearing post-imperial
1 PIECE/ 3 WAYS (I'm gonna cheat and bring in some pinch hitters) The Priestess The Travel Dork The Wasteland (thanks to therosenrot and @spacepope)
Have you considered the vulcanized canvas stans? They *might* breathe a little better but I've never owned stans so i dunno For the record, I spent all of Japan in the same pair of vans (with some added arch support)...my feet hurt. A lot.
I have no real love for the stuff, but there were a lot of cute girls in Japan wearing the sneakers and looking good in them. So, uh, that's something to consider?
Many, many thanks for the kind words, everyone. I do want to point out again that our coverage is really just starting. Alex, Jack and I are planning to start up our weekly pieces in the coming days, so please keep an eye on the front page!This, precisely. I sort of gave up halfway through our trip and let Alex take care of it (sorry) - my pictures aren't nearly as good, and I was always wandering around staring at things and then realizing "shit, I should have taken a...
you've really outdone yourself here
Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This is the End Words: Jasper Pictures: Alex Our last day. Mine, I guess, since Alex lives here and @spacepope's wanderings will continue a while longer. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous, but my visit ended on such a high note that I'd surely be tempting fate to stay. We had some plans - not many - and outside of those, we resolved to just plain old have a good time. That good time started at six A.M., which felt earlier due to the two...
Yep! This is the Japan version of the Pittilogues. I, for one, have been very grateful to go on a trip that was not abject misery both physical and philosophical, regardless of Fok's level of entertainment. Anyway, yesterday was my last day in Tokyo; back to the Rockies this afternoon with just enough time to eat a last Lawson onigiri and buy some sweets.Stay tuned for more - there is plenty to come, just as there will be from the poor bastards at Pitti Uomo, who are even...