or Connect

Posts by CaesarSTL

Talisker 10 >>>>>>> Talisker Storm any day jcman311, I'd def advise you just buy a glass if you really want to try it.
It's clearly well made as it's very, very balanced (the number one way I'd describe every bottle in the lineup), but it's certainly pretty overrated with the scarcity and constant price hikes (that price isn't too bad though, for today anyway...).
Just opened and enjoyed a 1967 Littlemill (Bottled Oct. 2000), Mackillop's Choice, Single Cask, Cask Strength (49.1%), Bottle 24, tonight. Quite an evolution as the bottle went down. Started with a honeyed, tarte tartin center with some spicy kick (alcohol kick too for only being 49.1% and 33 yrs old, not super integrated), had kind of a really old Drouin calvados thing going on... got much more herbal, woody, and spicy (almost rye like at times) as it went on. Interesting...
Hello, I'm going to be back in the US for a couple of weeks here in May with the gf''s french family, and we're considering a side trip over to Louisville/Bourbon country. Any locals or experts on the board who could make some suggestions? Favorite tours, more authentic tours, restaurants, places to stay, other points of interest, etc. Looking at several web sites seems to suggest that you can't really try any of the higher end offerings at the distilleries, is this...
Thanks, I'll def be looking for it in Chicago. Is it usually just the 10, or do they have others as well?Wow, both of those sound great! Ardbeg 10 is usually around 40-50euros here...
Thanks! I think a lot of people on here put me to shame, but I'm pretty happy with the current stock. Not all of them are open though, had to clear out my recent empties: Ardbeg 10, Ardbeg Uigeadail (why are Ardbegs never on sale... ), Bowmore Legend, Bowmore 15, Glenfiddich 12 & 15, and a rather odd Irish called Connemarra. Been getting into whisky pretty heavily!
Just restocked my Talisker 10 and Laphroaig 10 at an awesome (for Paris) 25 euros a piece! Some of the whisky sales are still going over here, anyone have any thoughts on the Laphroaig Triple Wood? The 18 isn't on sale any more, but this one is for around low to mid forties. I'm a big fan of the Quarter Cask, which this seems to be similar to just with some added sherry, but some reviews are citing it's a bit on the weak end for the palette and it's a bit disappointing...
Not to mention large swathes of a majority of US cities...
Not to derail the current conversation, but after the jersey comment, the Winter Classic one, I was thinking more about it. Thoughts on future Winter Classic locations/teams? Ratings are apparently pretty bad in Canada, so this year makes since, afterwards?
I think there's a thread on here somewhere of a woman who was born that way. Not that sexy...