Posts by CaesarSTL

Wow... Just got the Weller Antq (not the BTAC one, the 53.5% one) back on the shelves over here. I only see it from time to time, guess I better start stocking up, great QPR on it!
No worries, I haven't had the cask strength committee release (heard good things though); as for the normal bottling... I remember that it was pretty good (can't remember whether it was the nose or taste that was great while the other was a slight let down), but the quality to price ratio is just so much better on the Oogie so I haven't bought a bottle yet. You def pay for the "annual release, limited edition, bla bla bla..."
Do you mean Ardbeg Dark Cove then? Bc there's a Talisker Dark Storm that exists, it's the sherried (duty free exclusive still I think though) version of the Talisker Storm.
Last night called for a few modest drams (only one scotch though): -Glendronach 15 (my last bottle is more than half gone... ) -Amrut Crystal -High West Son of Bourye Today is a bit more Scottish focused so far: -Glen Scotia Sig. Vintage 1991 24yrs old (43%) Hogshed matured -Macduff 1995 20yrs old from the Sig. Vintage CS collection (55%) Hogshead matured -Highland Park 1996 18yrs old from the D. Laing Old Part. line (48.4%) Refill hogshead matured -Clynelish...
Good stuff! Intense and explosive at 64.6% (fun triple distillation side effect!), very fruit and nut driven type of sherried dram. The spice def kicks in as well, the richer toffee and chocolate notes are much more secondary to the fruit here though, so it depends on the type of sherry monsters you like.
Wow... I know they're cannibalizing the line, but is basic Weller that hard to get in NYC these a days?
Cross post... A few more drams tonight... -Mackmyra Malstrom 46.4% -Eddu Gold -Glen Ord 1997 Bourbon Cask from Sansibar (Spirits Shop Selection) 49.9% -Benrinnes 1999 Sherry butt from Douglas Laing (LMDW exclusive) 64.6% -Highland Park 1995 G&M (LMDW exclusive) 46%
A few more drams tonight... -Mackmyra Malstrom 46.4% -Eddu Gold -Glen Ord 1997 Bourbon Cask from Sansibar (Spirits Shop Selection) 49.9% -Benrinnes 1999 Sherry butt from Douglas Laing (LMDW exclusive) 64.6% -Highland Park 1995 G&M (LMDW exclusive) 46%
What kind of selection are you looking at? Do you only want heavily peated?
Lots and lots of options... You can try something completely peat free like Aultmore; there are tons of peat free whiskies if you want to add what other kinds of flavors you're looking for.