or Connect

Posts by lakewolf

I am happy to announce that I am back to wear my nice clothes on a daily basis. I started career in banking, I am an engineer though and worked for IT/Telecoms, but made career quickly and was promoted to assistant to a Managing Director when I was 24. He mentored me and teached me about the business, but also about how to conduct yourself on high level management on a large bank on both the profesional and personal levels which included off course, proper attire. He...
what happened to us ? we got bored about discussing the same subjects again and again ( clothing is not a so wide subject ) and we migrated to DT. now the posting level over here has went to the DT level so it could induce us to come back
I'm not talking about a racing bike here with 3" saddle to bars drop .... more a light touring bike but that one has still some drop and road handlebars but has chain protectors and fenders etc. I'm already doing it now, but my jackets are suffering. I'll go the alternative wardbrobe option for the moment, on a cycling jacket and carrying the suit jacket on the bag... anyway I am interested in options and experiences.
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS That jacket is bad ass. I mean, really well thought out. Quote: Originally Posted by james_timothy Yeah: +1. I could really do without the rapha pink, though. did you notice the back pocket detail ? truly thought by cyclists for cyclists
Quote: Originally Posted by Daddy-O I have commuted by bike for years (back when only grumpy guys with beards did it). Rapha makes incredible bicycling clothes and you pay for it. But I recommend a closet at work with jackets and suits that you can change into. You never know what you will run into or over on a ride, and it pays to have clean clothes at work. Keep riding, and remember that the biggest drawback from bike commuting are the endorphins....
It is close enough to not make me break a sweat (even though there is some little climb at the beginning ). walking is possible for sure, but It takes me 12-15 minutes to walk and only 3-5 to bike ( each way), I prefer to go by bike and like that I can go home for the 1 hour lunch break, I'd loose half of the time walking. the only problem of leaving my suit jacket at work is that I'd have to wear the same everyday which is not good. I could maybe bring the jacket on...
I started a new Job position on a bank close home. I am a cyclist and the office is only 10 blocks away which is too close to go by car or bus and a bit far to walk. So a bicycle is perfect for my daily commute. However I have to go to work on suit and tie and my bikes have all a sportive setup ( low handlebars ) so I have a bit of a problem when I ride on a suit jacket, the jacket would need more room at the back to allow me the right position. On the other hand I...
PZ linen 3 pieces suit -------------------------- Shoulders : 18 3/4" Widest point under the armpits 22" Widest point middle button 20" Sleeve lenght 25 1/2" Total lenght from seam under collar 31" Trousers waist 35" Trousers inseam 33 1/2" I'll add another NWOT EUR 50 beige pinstripe suit 100% cotton Beautiful beige with cream pinstripes 2 vents, full canvas, flat front trousers, half lined, 100% cotton trousers hemmed to 31", tags removed, never worn $260...
Several Pal Zileri white label, full canvas construction, all of them New with Tags NWT for sale EUR 50 houndstooth jacket 100% wool 2 buttons, 2 vents The right color for all your brown and orange trousers $170 shipped EUR 50 Bamboo Jacket Fresh jacket, organic, orangish red, great with your khakis and summer pants $170 shipped EUR 50 98% Cotton, 2% Elastane Jacket Cream, half lined, working sleeve buttons, fresh $170 shipped EUR 50 white pinstripe 100% linen...
RJ you got my solidarity. I wish you well with your decision and be your life full of joy and free of these Interwebz BS. I really can't measure how a loser a guy can be to harass someone for differences of opinions on a clothing forum. Incredible.