or Connect

Posts by ducky13

Century21 has some decent stuff right now. Borelli shirts for $100 in sizes 15.5 and up. Also saw a Bastistioni 7 fold tie for $38.
I, too, have had a good experience with Mark (closetM). Picked up a couple of the Jay Kos shirts a few weeks back and love them. The silk/cotton blends are perfect for summer evenings.
If you're in NYC, Century 21 has a bunch of Drakes scarves from $50-$70...seems like a good deal given the prices on Drakes website.
Quote: Originally Posted by whacked It's probably fair to say the screenname ducky13 was created by a long time member just so he could rant on a somewhat sensitive topic. Actually Ive never seen this topic raised before and was just curious how people felt on the topic...
Quote: Originally Posted by gqreader239 If the seller is picking up some heavily discounted items to try and flip, they probably cant return those items. The risk level is very high in that case, therefore I do not mind that they get some type of return. I have gotten some nice pieces at below retail anywhere else, but above the location's sale prices. It was a good deal for both me and the seller. Again, this isnt really what I was getting...
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 capitalism lives. I have no problem with anybody buying stuff and turn around to make a profit. You gotta figure that not everybody live in NYC or Philly. I certainly agree with most of you here: there are definitely risks to re-selling, it is very time intensive, and clearly not everyone has access to a Daffy's or a Century's. But my real question hasn't fully been answered, or maybe it wasn't phrased...
I realize this might make for an interesting first post, but I'm a longtime reader who has often benefitted from many PSAs and wanted to gauge SF's opinion on the issue of where the line should be drawn between a posting a PSA vs. purchasing numerous items and re-selling for a profit in the B&S forum. For example, had one gone to Daffy's last Friday or Saturday, one would have pretty much had the pick of the litter of Incotex styles, colors, and materials for anywhere...