or Connect

Posts by SuitGuy24

Whatever you do, avoid the hyped 50 Plates in The Pearl. Worst meal I have ever had at an (allegedly) "upscale" restaurant. I could have save 50 Bucks and stayed home with Dinty Moore Beef Stew and Pillsbury Crescent Rolls.
Hey- Just moved here from NYC four months ago. I have popped into a few of the better men's shops Downtown, but so far I would say your best bet is a salesman at the Nordstrom at Washington Square Mall named Chase. He is young, but incredibly knowlegeable and gives amazing service-even by Nordstrom standards. I am not sure what you are looking for as far as nightlife-I guess it depends on where you are coming from. The food here is fantastic, however.
Quote: Originally Posted by Will Great thread! Thanks for posting. I finally finished it today. Too bad he is out of business. I would assume that after New York, SanFran would probably have the best-dressed men on the air. Do you find that to be the case, or do they also have problems with poorly dressed anchors and reporters?
I have been spending the last few lunch hours perusing this really funny thread on a site dedicated to discussions of New York City television news: http://www.packofseven.tv/tvnt/showthread.php?t=406 It is a mammoth thread regarding wardrobe problems of the men on the local NYC stations and takes a few pages to really get going, but it is really funny and sad at the same time. Over time you actually see that many of the guys he trashes do a wardrobe re-do based...
Thanks to everyone for the helpful comments and conversation. From what I gather, I am going to see how I go with the jacket before I make a descision.
I am toying with the idea of getting a MTM or custom three-piece and am trying to decipher the style/ practical diffrence between a five and six-button vest. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Quote: Originally Posted by absolut3 Mario's is where I go, it's on broadway a block south of nordstrom's. Much nicer selection than Nordstrom's Looked great, until I saw this quote: http://www.marios.com/men/thesuit "When it comes to suits, black is a versatile shade. It's sharp and semi-formal, great for interviews and work." Summoning the Style Forum Police!!!
Well- I just made a move to Portland Oregon, and I feel like an alien in a suit amongst the unwashed masses! ;o) I have to say I am quite impressed with Nordstrom's (being a lifelong East Coaster, this is alien to me). It looks like it may have to be my go-to spot for businesswear between trips back home to NYC. Any advice for finding good deals there from the more experienced? Or any other likely spots for better menswear in Portland? I swear, they must...
Now THAT'S "Suited Up!" I have noted that basketball coaches are ALWAYS better dressed than hockey coaches...
I have to excuse myself, being the proverbial Nice Jewish Boy and even DRESSING for Easter would kill my 91 year-old grandmother, but should there be a thread to show off Easter Sunday outfits? And yes, SoCal...it is OK to show-off your new bonnet.