or Connect

Posts by Artisan Fan

I only have used the ALO Rx II Tactical Edition but its around $500. It is awesome. There is both a nuforce amp and an Audioengine amp that are good. http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57364964-47/audioengines-terrific-tiny-usb-dac-headphone-amp/?tag=txt;title
A great, classic speaker. Very smooth midrange.
I like the Rega P3. Good table for the money.
No, I don't find they sound very good. I tend to like Cardas Golden Reference and Clear and Kimber Kables. Right now I am testing Black Cat Cables by Stereolab which is made by a friend of mine. They are fantastic for the money. $127 a meter pair.http://blackcat75.ning.com/
Some shots of my table which is a VPI Scoutmaster. First up, my original Grado Sonata: Then I upgraded to a Lyra Argo(i) for more resolution although the Sonata was really good. I also added in a Modwright SWP 9.0SE phono stage. This photo was featured in a CNET column and on VPI's site. Effect was done by shining a bright LED light through colored vinyl (Easy Tiger by Ryan Adams above and Miles Davis Kind of Blue 50th Anniversary Edition below) on top of a...
My dad had that exact same model. I used to make copies of albums onto cassette tapes with it. Used an old dual window Teac deck. Sounded great in the car.Rega tables and Grado carts are really good.
Who else enjoys spinning vinyl and has purchased a turntable? What table do you have? What are your favorite records?
Thank you. They are breaking in nicely.The entire Devore line is AF-approved. I see John every year at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Very nice man with quality speakers. He also has some high quality electronics he displays them with.
Very true. Any screaming babies and I pull out the iMetal IEMs. Most of my flights have business people more often than babies so this is less of an issue. Really my routes are more business routes than leisure routes so perhaps that helps.
I like both but the Devores would be my leaning.