or Connect

Posts by Artisan Fan

Good system. I talked to Alon Wolf of Magico at the recent Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Good guy with nice sounding speakers.Alon still recommends the Odyssey Khartago amps for $800+ if anyone is looking for more reasonable priced gear.The Allaerts cart is at my friend's house. I've been impressed so far. P.S.I now have my Mac Mini feeding a Benchmark DAC1 Pre and am using the Decibel music player software. Alison Krauss' Paper Airplane in 24/96 FLAC sounds amazing.
That looks really cool. Very appealing to get rid of the wallet as well.
I am now rocking the Grado RS-1i headphones with an outboard amp by ALO Audio, the Rx Mark II Tactical Edition connected by a Fiio L9 line out dock cable which takes the analog stream out of the iPods 30 pin dock connector from my brand new iPod Classic. I store all of my music in AIFF files which I find sound better. This is a nice portable system for my consulting travels on the road. And it sounds terrific! Here are some pictures for those of you into headphones. ...
Eric Clapton, Money and Cigarettes
Very cool!
Maybe they will do a Black Friday special.
I like the audioengine line as well. Fluance makes a nice, elegant iPod stereo for $200. http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57318496-47/get-fluances-audiophile-quality-ipod-speaker-for-just-$100/?tag=txt;title
At around $1KBenchmark DAC1 (I have one)Grace m903Musical Fidelity M1, possibly the new V-DAC mk 2.Below $1k it gets dicey although the V-DAC and DacMagic are worth a shot.But I agree with the above post that better speakers would help.
Remastering does all sorts of things - better converters can mean more resolution, better tape sources can mean more clarity and better high frequencies, better care can mean more judicious use of EQ so one hears the album as intended.
I have an ES 330 and love it. About time to upgrade but it has been a solid car and totally troublefree. Good dealer experience as per usual with Lexus.The car is very well built from engine to paint quality.