or Connect

Posts by CEE88

Thanks - I've been looking at these for a while -Alden NYC:Cordovan Algonquin BlucherMoulded:Burnished Calfskin BootBrown CXL PCT BootBrown Suede Plain Toe BootNatural CXL Indy BootBrown CXL IndysMight start with the Algonquin in shell and see what happens.
Very nice. I really want to try the modified last - just need to narrow down the choices to a particular shoe or boot.
Congrats Don, that is a great club to join. What is your plan for wearing them -- suits? casual wear?
GooseG, as you're buffing and brushing all your shell, you'll be wondering what you used to do with all your free time.
Weird ... mine too. The right doesn't stay completely straight, but it's the left that really slides sideways.
Katch, I've gotten several pairs of vintage shell shoes for well under $200 and they were all in good shape, so it is possible to luck out. Hope it works out for you.
What a great solution to a small but annoying problem. Well done Sir.
Nice pick up. Are the Indys a Modified last as well? I've seen them on the Moulded Shoe website and thought about giving them a try.
RTP, I asked a couple of their distributors and they said it wasn't possible. However, as an FYI, Rancourt said they WOULD make the heel area narrower and leave the rest of the shoe a regular D width - they just want confirmation on your foot size/width.
RTP! That combo sizing always makes me think of the possibility of modifying the heel width in the Barrie - a "D width" shoe which is an A/D for example, instead of the standard B/D. But based on several inquiries, it Alden appears won't make an A/D, which makes me wonder why they bother specifiying the combo sizing in the first place.