or Connect

Posts by CEE88

so intrigued by the modified last ...these look great!
Nice! I ordered a pair of these over the Summer (same time as I preordered the tankers, which arrived Dec 30th) but haven't heard from Leffot yet. Which preorder were these from?
It's not a store I visit often, and I don't remember the SAs being especially good or bad - I look on my own and want them out of my way. I do remember a slightly shorter length toggle coat from Gloverall that was gorgeous and later checked online to find the Stollery sale price was definitely a legit sale price. When I got back to the US I couldn't find the coat anywhere - that particular coat wasn't available via the Internet outside the UK. I have no idea about...
Regarding the color 8 "splotch" or "blotch" pics I posted earlier -- The blotches were barely visible -- but visible -- under normal light. Using flash photgraphy or under close inspection, you could definitely see the blotches. I feel like it was a pretty major flaw. From what I was told on this thread, the blotches would likely become more visible as the color 8 cordovan went through it's normal aging/lightening process. Alden never offered an explanation, only a...
Peter - as I said yesterday, I had this "blotch" issue come up a few months ago on a pair of color 8 NSTs. I emailed Alden about the issue, sent them pictures, and they sent me a mailer so I could return them to Alden for "repair." Alden "fixed" the problem to my satisfaction - for all practical purposes, you cannot see the blotches anymore. The shoes are now a very dark version of color 8.Before pics (taken with flash, which really makes the flaws show up):After (sorry...
Last year the Stollerys at Yonge & Bloor had racks and racks of Barbour. Gloverall too. Glad to see they're still in business and carrying such great merchandise.
Peter, I ran into this issue a couple of months ago and opted to contact Alden about it. I sent them pictures of the blotches and asked what they were and whether anything could be done to 'fix' them. Alden sent me a mailing container, re-dyed the shoes and got them back to me in less than three weeks. They look much better now. I have some before/after pics that I will post in a day or two.
I tried this method and it works fairly well, although the toe room isn't ideal. I'm surprised Alden doesn't make the two eyelet chukka in narrower widths as a standard offering, as it does with other stock models (975, 990, etc).
So nice ....
tifosi - in case you haven't seen it, there's also a winged boot at Alden NYC (style 4461) - http://www.aldenmadison.com/SHELL3.html