or Connect

Posts by CEE88

And if they are willing to add a special size for you that isn't part of the typical pre-order (like a "C" width) you might need to pay 100% up front.
Great looking pair of boots, Sir. Looks highly versatile. I've always wondered about the Grant last but never had an opportunity to try it.
Beautiful. Is that ... calf or shell? Any idea how old?
I've seen Earth reverse chamois in person, and I'd describe it as an oiled charcoal grey (maybe with very slight hints of greenish/charcoal grey?). I've read that Earth is actually a very dark brown suede, but the oil finish makes it look charcoal grey or even black(ish?) in certain light.I have a Tobacco reverse chamois boot and, as it's lost some of its oil coating over time, it has lightened from approximately the shade of 'dark chocolate' to the point where it's more...
Let me see if I've got this right: 'support' translates to 'enable,' so 'put your toe back in the Alden water' means ... 'cannon ball off the 12ft board?' Hey Tampatravel, think Yzerman sports a pair like that? If not, he should. Great looking pair of Aldens.
Thank you, sir. I've really enjoyed seeing your collection - not sure you've posted a shoe that I wouldn't mind wearing myself.
Thanks. There's no other black shell on the horizon right now. I took a few pictures of the Naval boot but it's sort of like taking a picture of a black lab - lots of charm and personality in person, but often comes out like a black blob with eyes (eyelets?) in photos. I'll brush it and try again in full sun.
Thank you, sir. And true to my word, after reading the thread for the last month, I ended up making a purchase. Actually two ... Make that three. Actually four. I just put in for Leffot's Tanker and LWB pre-orders. Also, when Crew had it's 20% off deal, I decided to order the Color 8 cap toe boot - it was on back order, but hopefully it will pan out. Finally, I ordered (and already received) the Leffot Naval Boot in black - it's my first foray into black shell, but I...
Thank you, sir. I've been trying to achieve the shine that you get on your 4/black shell saddles. I still haven't used polish on them. SR a couple of times. Otherwise, just wiping and brushing.
Gentlemen - I would like to introduce/reintroduce myself to the Alden Thread. I've been a member of, and occasional contributor to, SF since 2009. Late last year I went on a hiatus - primarily because I found the more time I spent on this thread, well, the more $ I spent on Aldens. Over the last couple weeks I've been catching up, reading posts from 2012 and 2013. I must say, you regular (and a few not so regular) contributors have provided a wealth of dialog,...