or Connect

Posts by CEE88

Sent my Beaufort to Barbour for a re-wax and to repair a few wear spots around the cuffs. I think they did a great job - reinforced the cuffs both around the hole & up the sleeve a bit. These photos make it more noticeable than in person. The sleeves were repaired identically, which really helps the repairs to blend.
tifosi - I apologize that this is off subject but, in addition to Aldens, if you have any interest in Barbour, their Boston store (and the shopping district where it's located) is worth a visit:BARBOUR BOSTON134 Newbury StreetBoston 02116Tel:+1 617-375-7829Email:barbour.boston@barbour.comIt's less than a mile from NRO, whole area being very scenic and walkable.
Thanks Gentlemen. I need to pull them out more often. Not sure why I don't - maybe I like it so much that I want to baby it - only comes out in Summer with sunny, dry conditions where I won't be walking much & there's little danger of getting something spilled on them.
Nice one RTP. That is a beautiful LWB. And thanks for the info on the Leydon last. I actually have tried it (unlined chukkas) and it might work for me. The issue that kept me from going ahead with the purchase was a fair amount of heel slippage in the chukka. I think a Leydon suede PTB might be an option though (next year!).
Like the red bottom of a baboon, it's the red sole of this snuff suede LHS that makes it particularly desirable and attractive.
Thanks RTP. I like the look of the Barrie, but being a C width, I find myself in between the typical sizing of 1/2 size down and a full size down. I'm facinated by the Grant because it's supposedly a TTS fit. Also, I've read that some people find it a bit narrow - which, for me, could be great.
And if they are willing to add a special size for you that isn't part of the typical pre-order (like a "C" width) you might need to pay 100% up front.
Great looking pair of boots, Sir. Looks highly versatile. I've always wondered about the Grant last but never had an opportunity to try it.
Beautiful. Is that ... calf or shell? Any idea how old?
I've seen Earth reverse chamois in person, and I'd describe it as an oiled charcoal grey (maybe with very slight hints of greenish/charcoal grey?). I've read that Earth is actually a very dark brown suede, but the oil finish makes it look charcoal grey or even black(ish?) in certain light.I have a Tobacco reverse chamois boot and, as it's lost some of its oil coating over time, it has lightened from approximately the shade of 'dark chocolate' to the point where it's more...