or Connect

Posts by CEE88

it is indeed wider than the Barrie but it is a great looking boot in person - especially nice profile.
All three are size 10.5 and all three fit great. The 2045 has a taller toe box so it feels slightly more roomy than the 2030.The Barrie has a slightly wider heel than the Vibergs and the 2030 toe box definitely slopes down.
Just received my styleforummarket makeup - Service Boot in Horween waxed flesh, 2045 last. Here's a couple of comparison shots (sorry, iPhone photos): Viberg 2030 last (natty Cxl roughout) v. 2045 last (waxed flesh): Alden Barrie last v. Viberg 2045 last:
Good evening Gents - received mine over the weekend and wanted to post a few comparison shots. Viberg Boondocker, 2030 last in Horween natural chromexcel rough out (Leffot) v. Viberg Service Boot, 2045 last in Horween waxed flesh for styleforum (both are size 10.5): 2030 and 2045 curve in slightly different places but the main difference I see is the taller, slightly rounder toe box on the 2045 (which I've started pressing down a bit since this was taken): Alden...
My preference would be to have all those fine pairs of shoes, my friend
Good afternoon Gentlemen: For those interested, I posted some comparison pics of my new Viberg 2030 last boots and Alden Trubalance, Barrie & Plaza last boots: http://www.styleforum.net/t/224463/viberg-boots/3000#post_6935532
Look'n good!
So far I really like my 2030 last boots. When I look down at my feet, the 2030 definitely has some angles & curves - especially from the ball of the foot to the end of the toe. But my eye tells me it looks wider (especially in the ball area) than my Barrie last boots - like, if it was a Barrie last boot too, that it's the next size up.
I think the plaza last boot is more chiseled for sure. I like it because it's different from my Barrie boots. To me it looks a bit more ... modern? But I'm not sure I'd say it's more/less dressy than the Naval Boot in the pics I posted. I like how it looks with jeans. I also have a plain toe plaza last boot from J. Gilbert with Commando sole that for reason looks more rounded than this Leather Soul plaza boot. It's due to the shape of the sole.EDIT: pics of the JG...
Hey Guys - FWIW I just received my Viberg Boondockers on the 2030 last from Leffot. I ordered 10.5, same size as my Alden Barrie & Trubalance last boots. Plenty of toe room but the fit is good. Personally, given the vertical taper of the toe box, I wouldn't go shorter. Hopefully what others have said regarding the 2030 & 2045 lasts is correct ('despite the shape differences you should be able to wear the same size in those two lasts'). Here are some photo comparisons...