or Connect

Posts by CEE88

When whiskey was readily available a few years ago I just wasn't interested, but it's grown on me the last year or two - especially the PTB and the short wing that RTP posted yesterday. In these times of prohibition you've got to go to great lengths if you want to drink whiskey.
Snap! These gently broken in snap lasted Alden for Brooks Brothers perforated cap toes arrived today, fresh off eBay. Don't know the seller, but I really like these babies, and appreciate the original box AND Brooks shoe trees. Way to make a buyer happy!
Those look SO good IC. Really makes me wish I had whiskey someplace other than just the liquor cabinet.
When you see it in the context of all the other beautiful Aldens pictured here, it really does look fresh & timeless. I have never worn a tassel shoe in my life, but seeing your photos makes me want to give it (model 563?) a try.
Agree with both your sentiments. Not sure about the question whether wide footed guys are getting classier than their EEEE-footed ancestors (lol!) - maybe somebody else has an opinion on that one.It wasn't THAT long ago that you could walk into a local shoe store and pick up wide OR narrow widths for shoes like Allen Edmonds or (Made in Maine) Bass. I still remember trying and buying C width Weejuns (kids size), at a local shop. Alden seems to carry a pretty decent range...
Well ... Off the top of my head: I picked up a 11.5B deadstock Florsheim Imperial Kenmor LWB in a brown shell, an 11.5C Barrie Ltd LWB in a reddish-brown (or faded color 8?) shell, an 11C 1960s Cole Han (Made in England) burgundy & black (calf) saddle shoe, and a 1950s "cigar" shell LWB (Hanover I think) which may be the best fitting long wing in my closet. That one is marked 10B, which is ridiculous - the sole measures 13 inches and fits as wide as a Barrie C or D width....
so many C, B, A and AAA widths available on the vintage footwear market - are the feet of successive generations getting wider?
Really put together on this one, RTP. May be my favorite Whiskeys. Really shows off the details of the short wing nicely. Congratulations, Sir, wear in the best of health!
Looks like Christmas in August around here - fresh Tankers & Longwings abound! I too received a package today - Alden DC Ravello LWBs. Brown definitely dominates in this batch of Ravello, red tones in repose. iPhone pics below, indoors to shade to sun, comparing the new Ravello with my 4 year old Cigars: (Can you tell which is which in this shot?)
Thanks - that NRO site feels like it's from another Century. I may call them.As for the LWBs, there was no unequivocal "but we can take care of it!" solution forthcoming so I opted for a refund.