Posts by nyarkies

Maybe against St. Crispin but not against Meccariello's Aurum line which blows M_moria out of the water pound for pound with the only difference is the aesthetics. At close to the M_moria's boot's price point, you can also get a shell cordovan boot that is adjusted to your feet's measurement. Semi-bespoke basically. You get an initial test pair which is goodyear welted that is good for daily use. From there, final adjustments on fit are made on the actual pair. Uppers are...
I'm not familiar with the process/technique but I would base it on how even the stitches are and the number of stitches. Uppers are sewn using a machine so again it will be based on how even the stitching is. Altieri uses horween shell cordovan and if a CM shoemaker uses the same, I doubt there is any difference outside of hand painting/dyeing that Altieri does. For the soles, doesn't really make any difference if it is wooden or a regular nail. You can probably compare...
M_moria construction-wise, I'd say yes it is comparable to some CM shoes, price, hell no. Can't comment on the others.
Is it Darklands that wrote that? I always thought it was Altieri (or his staff?) writing those.
And it's not even properly leveled.
It will flatten unless you walk tiptoed when wearing it.
Why get the u-sole when you want it to flatten and close up? It will eventually because of the weight you put on it. Otherwise, just get the prosthetic boots with the regular soles/heels.
Horse
What size are you looking for? There are a couple of ma+ at re-porter. You can check out jun hashimoto's site if you don't mind washed leather. BBS collared j2 in grailed. Zam Barrett if you like his leather designs which are very minimal and not distressed.
I actualy like that L0 navy linen blazer from Bilzerian.