or Connect

Posts by nyarkies

The overall design does look costume-y. Fit-wise it is harder to tell since you are hunching over. Might take time for it break in and look better on your body. I like it that you design your jackets and get them made as you want them, bespoke basically. How is the variety of leather available for you to choose from?
I think the sleeves are too busy. Remove the slinky-like design on the elbows and it is pretty decent. I have to echo on that SLP thing. If it was SLP (especially Hedi era), i think no matter how garish the design is, a few people here will like it.
Surprised that is still around. Would have kopped if it didn't have the funky scent like the new ones.
If you want smooth leather, yes. Otherwise, I think bison is ok too. Kangaroo might be too thin.
Wholecut balmorals/oxfords?
Seriously? Granted I haven't seen that film and just read the summary of what it is about, I don't get that feeling that the inspiration from the film is properly conveyed on this collection... or what the film is supposed to be about. I'll see if I can find the film on Netflix. Then if I ever find the time, I'll check her stuff in person along with a few others in NYC.
[[SPOILER]] Thanks. With the little info I have on the collection, all I can say is it's uninspiring. Is this what the entire collection is all about, the crash (zigzag) pattern? Or is there some sort of complex idea that Deepti has for this collection? I'm just thinking of my initial reaction to LEB's work when it first came out. I thought "just some random patterns" which wasn't after reading his idea and the process of his work. So I'm just trying to know if there's...
I'd like to see that leather jacket that was done with that zip pattern/closure
I have read that thread. I thought you were referring to Archivio to which I am comparing design aesthetics (from what limited images I saw) that seem similar to GBS. I'm not talking about construction or the designer's ethics just to be clear since I don't know much about Archivio and PH in regards to that aspect. Just the visual aspect for now.
But what exactly are the items of his collection? All I see are some random items, paintings, furnitures, and very few close up pictures of said clothing. Seems to be in line with GBS or PH to which I remember nicely's wife asking (not sure if it was her or the exact words) what's the fascination of dressing similarly to a hobo from a previous time/era.