or Connect

Posts by whodini

Afro- Ok, let's back track a little. Forget your true waist. What's important is the measurement of the waist of the jeans that fits you comfortably, which is 30.5". The jeans you ordered have a 30" waist but till stretch out to at least 30.5", but more likely to 31"+ because they'll be sitting lower on your hips due to the lower rise. They'll fit. When measuring jeans, the waist and rise give you an idea of how the top block fits. Typically, the lower the rise the...
You're overthinking it a bit. Just roll them up, they'll be ok. They're new so the stacks haven't formed yet.
I read the reviews on Sandalwood before but got a little freaked out by some claims of it being over the top, almost sickeningly so. I'll keep my eye out for Windsor. Would love to add a nice eucalyptus to my garden. I forgot to add CdG's Palisander to my wood list (zing!) I hadn't heard of Krigler's, either, until a split came up for it or Cedar. Not enough people to fill the Cedar so I went with Fir and am glad I did, although I'm anxious to try the rest of the...
Hope they work out for you, Asian Afro!
Sort of. Most companies aren't concerned with how fast their jeans fade, but how because ultimately this usually denimhead's bread and butter. I say "usually" because there are quite a few people on here that own tons of jeans with only a few months of wear because they're not looking to wear a faded pair, they just love the denim and all the other bells and whistles. "Good denim" has dyes that set it apart from the rest; it's also not what kind of dye (natural, pure,...
For anyone who thinks this is a "new" line needs to take a look back at RL 67.
Billy, if you ever get the other Krigler splits going, let me know. I really love this Fir.
Didn't they also have a LVC pop up in there this year?
We can fix the rise but the waist and seat are always going to loosen up with wear. The trick is to buy your jeans a little bit on the snug side so that when they finally settle, they'll fit how you want.Just because you buy raw jeans doesn't mean that you've signed a contract on how to care for and treat them. Even when you buy pre-distressed jeans, the common thought is to wash as little as possible so as to preserve the indigo and wash with non-abrasive soap or stuff...
I'm confused. If they tapered it from the inseam, the lip should be its same distressed self and the rest of the denim fed underneath it. How much a difference could that possibly make?