or Connect

Posts by ratboycom

Quote: Originally Posted by Alter You gonna go? Nope, Its Russian roulette where I would likely be on the losing end. I have no idea where they would send me, nor would I likely have a place to stay and cant organize one ahead of time, and no planned return date. Fuck that. Friends/family have offered to fly me back to WA or Germany or wherever, but I'm holding off on walking that road, still need to make money and so far the threat doesnt...
http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/acs/tac...110317-02.html Looks like the US embassy is offering flights to Asian "Safe-haven" locations for all US citizens now, but its only one way, you have no idea where you are going till you get there, you must organize your own transport/accommodations once you get there, etc etc etc. Basically they will fly you out to somewhere (maybe, Okinawa, Kansai, Korea, or something) and dump you there with the promise that you will pay the gov...
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh It seems huge. Probably because the big beast is! To be fair, Infiniti quality is good, and pretty much comparable to Lexus. I have owned 3 Infinitis in the past. They were all a year or two old and pre-owned certified. They are really not that far off from comparable Lexus models but they are appreciably less costly. I think that Toyota released Lexus and that Nissan released Infiniti about the same time ( the...
Well, my FB is full of foreigners that are leaving, the streets are damn near empty around Shibuya (when compared to a normal day, still people out and about). A large amount of people with the means to get out have already done so or are planning to in the next couple days, going to visit family in Nagoya/Kansai/etc. Hardly any of my friends want to leave their home station and a couple skipped work. My university and several others have canceled all classes until the...
The guy is a clown, he has made a lot of dumbass remarks and moves long before this. I dont think he will win the next election, or chances are pretty low.
Stores are empty, but getting resupply here and there. Most restaurants (fast food esp) are still open, some areas around town are starting to run out of gasoline, for most people work has resumed since the majority of the trains are running again but for many opting out of work is perfectly ok, blackouts seem to have been mostly avoided for the time being. I am gonna head out today since my train line is now up and running, maybe get a few food items if I find them...
Word from some guys on Yokosuka base is that they are detecting small, non threatening amounts of radiation. Not yet a threat or more than what you would get if you use a conbini super microwave.
Quote: Originally Posted by willpower Why so many white cars? For every blue/silver/red car there were 10 white ones floating by. Other than "because they like white cars", is there a reason why white is such a popular auto color in Japan? Most delivery or utility cars/trucks are white and only sold in white. Same with fleet vehicles such as the Toyota Probox, they all come with the lowest spec interiors and next to no options too.
Well, looks like the Japan Meteorological Agency is warning of a 70% chance of a M7 or larger quake hitting from Ibaraki to Iwate Pref. within the next three days. Nothing by then would mean a drop to 50%. Anyone here in Kanto (Brian, Red, Dragon et al) I suggest you got a pack by the door in case you gotta run in the middle of the night or something. Friends and I have plans to head to Kyushu in case shit gets out of hand around here.