or Connect

Posts by IIIrd Icon

VibergSampleSale Friday Haul: •ALL stitchdowns •110 = 1 Chukka •1035 = 2 Service Boots + 1 Derby Shoes Nothing fancy really, 'cept for the 1035 Black Pit Tanned Bison Service Boots, w/c were freakin' fabulous , IMO. Set versus the black leather sofa__ visible complex hues brought out by the afternoon light from the living room window just convinced me they're my new bbf 'Fortunate to have handled Bison leather before, but not @same level of quality. Had a short...
So, you're the dude who snagged that 2045 stitchdown Boons on Dr.Sole Cords. Congrats 👊🏽Agree w/trying on for size. The build & kind of leather play a big factor. My 1035 Latigo Derbies were spot on @size8, but the 1035 Latigo Service boots version I tried felt more snug/narrower & had to size up 1/2.The Black Bison had awesome texture__ got some heft to it__ thicker than CXL. Again, 8 would've fit if they were 2045 or 110 & not 1035🙄
^Thnx🙏🏻 1108C = FC X SuFu X BiG 2009 contest pair ... my pride&joy🤘🏼
^Vibergs, I always have to take off @TSA pre✔️, due to the imbedded metal shanks ... So, if I plan on breezing thru airport security, I take my Trickers, instead 😎
✈️Flew out to LosAngeles, Sat to visit mom: ... & back on track
^ If u got some room left at the tip, Hopper 11.5 on partially structured toe might work__ since the shape/contour of the toe wall will be held in place by the "ping-pong" material ... tough call😬
^ All good
@Broark: As per SuFu advise__ 1/2 size up from your Indy, if your fit is spot on, but don't have much toe room left on the Indy ... ie, 2005= 12 to compensate on the shorter lenght of the 2005 last.
Really hard to do right when leather hasn't fully broken in yet cuz there's still potential stretch.U can't expect same snug feel when fastened, versus the laced ones__ even when the boots are securely strapped in ... & sized right.It's just got a totally different feel to it ... but it's too loose, u can always add another hole to the strap ... But, IMO, the most critical is sizing the length right.